This 3-day hike through the Grand Canyon National Park will be one thing you do in your life that you'll never forget! This all-inclusive hike is a wonderful introduction to hiking. As you hike to the canyon floor, enjoy the Colorado River, relax under the shady cottonwood trees near Bright Angel Creek, or grab a lemonade at historic Phantom Ranch! You can take a side hike to Plateau Point for amazing 360 views of the sunset will not disappoint! All permits and fees, gear, meals, snacks, transportation and a certified wilderness guide are all included!
Groupon Customer Reviews
About This Deal
Day 1: Day 1
Stop At: Grand Canyon National Park, Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
Make your way to the departure point in Scottsdale begin the drive to the South Rim. Day 1 of this adventure begins at the South Kaibab Trailhead for a 7.5 mile hike. The trail descends over 4,800 feet down to the canyon floor of this spectacular gorge. Enjoy incredible views from the trail across the 18 mile wide corridor. You will be carrying a backpack weighing approximately 35 pounds. It will contain your personal belongings and the food and camping gear provided. Your guide will interpret the various rock layers for you during the descent in which the age of the earth is clearly outlined - over 2 billion years! The Grand Canyon is one of the very few places on earth where you can see this! After a rest, continue down further, now joined by the stream formed by the spring. Wind down the Devil's Corkscrew, a series of exhilarating switchbacks.
Duration: 8 hours
Stop At: Colorado River, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
After the switchbacks, you'll make your way to the Colorado River. Here, you will cross the extension bridge to the north side and arrive at the Bright Angel Campsite for the remainder of the day and night.
Duration: 30 minutes
Accommodation included: Camping at the Bright Angel Campground
Day 2: Day 2
Stop At: Indian Gardens, AZ 86336, USA
Awake to fresh coffee and breakfast before heading to Indian Gardens, the site of your second night. Enjoy a wonderful afternoon hike out to an overlook above the river after lunch. This day you will cover three to six miles of ground. A delicious dinner concludes the day.
Duration: 8 hours
Accommodation included: Tent Camping at the Indian Garden Campground
Day 3: Day 3
Stop At: Grand Canyon Village, N Village Loop, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ 86023
On your last day, you'll be up early for a nutritious breakfast before heading to the rim and the Grand Canyon Village. Once back at the trailhead, take a last look at the canyon's vastness while enjoying a deli lunch. A quick souvenir stop or two and then you'll be on the road back to Flagstaff by mid-afternoon.
Duration: 8 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A maximum of 9 people per booking
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This is a tentative tour date. Permits must be acquired from the park before we can confirm your tour. Booking this date does not guarantee that we will have availability for your tour.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- 2x Breakfast
- 2x Dinner
- 3x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- National Park fees
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Hotel Costs
La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Phoenix Scottsdale, 8888 E Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85260, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Discovery Treks in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
deal is final saleMerchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts. Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings