The Mexican peninsula of Yucatan is known for the longest underwater cave system in the world with more than 6,000 cenotes.
Enjoy amazing underwater world of 2 dives in interesting cenotes in Mexico: The Pit and Chikin Ha..
The Pit is one of the most complex cenotes in Mexico. The entrance to the cenote is 10 meters in diameter and widens as it descends. The amazing light show will dazzle you with the sun’s rays that pierce the entrance all the way down. At a depth of 25 to 32 meters, you will find a cloud of hydrogen sulfide. This is the deepest part of the Dos Ojos system. Rumour has it that the depth of this cenote is 120 meters.
Chikin Ha is a very large crescent-shaped well with a heavy and massive ceiling and incredibly clean water. You will see massive degradations decorated with fossils and crystalline formations. This fantastic cenotaph has beautiful colors and an amazing structure! You will find a halocline at 10m.
About This Deal
Diving in Cenotes The Pit and Chikin Ha
Minimum certification level required Advanced Open Water Diver PADI or analog
The Pit is one of the most complex cenotes in Mexico. This is the deepest part of the Dos Ojos system. Rumour has it that the depth of this cenote is 120 metres.
Chikin Ha is a very large crescent-shaped well with a heavy and massive ceiling and incredibly clean water.
• Chikin Ha, Carretera Federal 307, Km. 265 Carretera de Cancún a Chetumal, Playa del Carmen 77728 Mexico
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive (Advanced Open Water Diver PADI or equivalent)
- Diving within 24 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- Private transportation
- 2 tanks, weights and belt
- Hotel pickup and drop-off for hotels in Playa del Carmen
- Transportation to the dive sites
- Professional multilingual guide
- Equipment (rental for 15 USD/day)
- Diving insurance
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Diversland in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.