Drawing on years of experience, our captains and crew will take you to view the humpback whales as they migrate. As we search for these beautiful creatures in the tropical waters off the coast, our crew will share their knowledge about these fascinating creatures, how they live and their role in the ocean’s ecosystem. Seeing these larger-than-life whales is truly magical and can be a life-changing experience.
Recommended for ages 5 and up.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kailua-Kona, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
Board one of our sleek, powerful, twin-engine, rigid hull inflatable vessels to search for and observe the seasonal migration of the Humpback Whales along with some of their year-round cousins – Pilot Whales, Beaked Whales, Melon-headed Whales, and others that are regularly found along the Kona coastline.
Your adventure focuses on finding these magnificent mammals and spending quality time with them, by observing, photographing, learning, and listening to their song and other vocalizations using our underwater hydrophone system.
This 2.5-hour adventure does not include getting out of the boat or swimming to observe the whales. But it's the perfect opportunity for those who love the ocean and all its wonders. Adults, children, families and friends of all ages and abilities will enjoy together one of nature’s grandstand most elegant creations.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- Recommended for ages 5+
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Snacks - Snacks, beverages and bottled water
- Naturalist guides
- Please bring your own towel, reef safe sunscreen, jacket, camera
78-7138 Kaleiopapa St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Dolphin Discoveries in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.