Discover historic Drayton Hall, the oldest preserved Plantation house in America still open to the public. Founded in 1738, Drayton Hall is the nation’s earliest example of fully executed Palladian architecture. Enjoy a 50 minute guided tour of this historic estate and complete your visit with a self-guided tour through the grounds, caretaker’s house, collections gallery, as well as access to an 18th century African-American cemetery. Explore Drayton Hall on this family-friendly excursion from downtown Charleston; guarantee admission to this popular site by booking ahead.
What You'll Get
Visit: Drayton Hall, 3380 Ashley River Rd, Charleston, SC 29414-7126
Make your way to Drayton Hall, a short 13-mile drive from downtown Charleston. Walk through this Palladian estate, methodically preserved to protect the seven generations of history within its walls. Drayton Hall is a must-see for anyone interested in South Carolina history, Palladian architecture, and culture.
Start your journey to Drayton Hall with a 50 minute narrated tour of this historic home, and conclude with a leisurely self-guided tour through the picturesque grounds of the estate. See layers of history carefully preserved on the 125 acres that surround the main house with stunning views of the Ashley River, the reflecting pond, and the 18th-century live oak trees. Included in your All-Access Admission ticket, you will receive full access to the Drayton Hall House Tour, the Gates Gallery, Caretaker's House, Lenhardt Garden, an 18th century African-American cemetery, and the Interactive Program ' Connections: From Africa to America.'
At the end of your visit, make your way back to downtown Charleston and enjoy your stay in the city.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Tickets that are purchased may be redeemed for any House Tour departure time on the reserved date of travel. You will be assigned a specific tour time upon arrival. Check-in with valid photo ID is required.
- Plan to arrive a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the start of the house tour.
- Handicapped Accessible through exhibits, garden, museum shop, and walking trails (however wheelchairs, walkers and motorized scooters may have difficulty maneuvering on the unpaved paths). The guided House Tour does require walking up the portico steps into the house. Personal wheelchairs and scooters are prohibited on House Tours.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- 50-minute Guided House Tour of Drayton Hall Plantation
- Orientation Video
- Stephen & Laura Gates Gallery
- Lenhardt Garden
- Caretaker's House Exhibit
- 18th Century African-American Cemetery
- 30 minute interactive program 'Port to Plantation'
- Free Parking
- Mementos & Souvenirs (available for purchase at Museum Shop)
- Entry/Admission - Drayton Hall
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Lunch (European style sandwiches, cheese & charcuterie boards available for purchase at Rudi's Cafe)
House tours are offered daily and start on the top of the hour between om 10am to 3pm.
Monday-Saturday: 9am to 5pm
Sunday: 10:30am to 5pm
*Entrance gate closes at 3:30pm
1 to 4 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Drayton Hall Preservation Trust in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.