On this exploration, we will take you to Iao Valley which was kapu to all but Hawaiian Royalty. Iao Valley were used as a burial site for Hawai’i’s ali’i for centuries. Next, we will head to the most popular beach in the world for windsurfing. Hookipa Beach Park is world famous windsurfing spot in the world. Hookipa is famous for turtles sleeping on the beach. Ocean Vodka distillery is a must visit to see the making of world famous vodka made from sugar cane. Last we take you to Lavender farm.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kepaniwai Park & Heritage Gardens, 870 Iao Valley Rd, Wailuku, Maui, HI 96793
This valley is sacred and was kapu to all but Hawaiian royalty. The sheer, inaccessible cliffs in `Iao Valley were used as a burial site for Hawai’i’s ali'i for centuries. Ancient Hawaiian’s believed that their bones contained their mana. Desecrating or stealing bones could give power, control, and even cause harm to living descendants.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Iao Valley State Monument, 54 S High St, Wailuku, Maui, HI 96793-2102
When you first enter the park you can choose to cross a footbridge or descend to an exhibition area where the park has simplistically modeled what the greater valley (just outside of ‘Iao) once was. They have constructed a hale with thatched roof common for the time, and have many examples of plants that were cultivated in pre-contact Hawai’i.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm, 1100 Waipoli Rd, Kula, Maui, HI 96790-7818
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ocean Vodka Organic Farm and Distillery, 4051 Omaopio Rd, Kula, Maui, HI 96790-8828
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A maximum of 14 people per booking
- No minimum age
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Covered Shoes
- 8:15am Meet at Long's Drugs at Maui Mall for Cruise ship customers
- Please consult your doctor before participating if you have medical conditions
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum of 4 travelers to operate the tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Pride of America - 9:00am pickup from Long's Drugs at Maui Mall - a 7 minute walk outside the gates
- Tour ends between 1:00pm to 2:00pm
- 9:00am Pickup from Lahaina Harbor, Maui
- Entry/Admission - Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm
- Entry/Admission - Ocean Vodka Organic Farm and Distillery
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Dynamic Tour Hawaii in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.