What You'll Get
Your Chef's Table Tour begins at the Knoxville Visitors Center at 301 S. Gay Street, Knoxville, TN, 37902 at 2:00 P.M.
On our Chef's Table Tour we will spend approximately 3-hours walking, at a light pace no more than 1.4 miles, to five different, local restaurants in the downtown Knoxville area. Each restaurant will provide you a large "sample plate" of food prepared especially for us, and the stop will also include an interactive visit from the chef(s), owners and management! There is enough food to make up at least a meal (or two!), and we highly recommend you come hungry. We are also able to accommodate dietary restrictions such as vegetarian, gluten free, no shellfish, etc ONLY with advance notice given to us. so please call us at 865-410-TOUR (8687) at least one day prior to your tour if that applies. Our unique food tours concepts are that we give culinary freedom to each restaurant and chef(s) as far as the food they prepare us...so it won't necessarily be the same food from one tour to the next! Stops include places like Clancy's Tavern, which prides themselves in traditional Irish fare and a large whiskey selection; Tomato Head in Market Square, whose slogan is "Food gotta cook, don't come out of a can!", and that is evident by their fresh flavors and delicious baked goods and bread, which is made in their own bakery/mill nearby; Balter Beerworks, a craft beer brewery and restaurant transformed from an old service station that offers yummy plates and cold drinks; Old City Wine Bar, a small tapas style bar (with more wine than you can pronounce!) and locally sourced, handcrafted plates; and Sugar Mama's, where their motto is " because nothing good ever comes from a box," and will soon become your favorite new place for dessert and craft beers (all of their taps are local Knoxville brews, and they are now the LARGEST local tap wall in the state of Tennessee!).
This tour you will allow you to also learn about the fun and special history of downtown Knoxville and how it has shaped everything from the architecture, culture and even the food! You can't get an experience like this on your own, so come eat, drink and socialize in Downtown Knoxville!
**Restaurants can be subject to change based on dates, availability, etc. Guests will receive a list of tour stops the day of their tour upon arrival**
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers, children under the age of 2 are free.
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Dress code is smart casual, and please dress weather accordingly. Tour Operates in all weather, but in the case of severe, life threatening weather you will be contacted by your tour guide no later than 11am the day of your scheduled tour to be offered a rescheduled date or a refund. If you have concerns about the weather prior to your tour date but have not yet heard from us, feel free to call us at 865-410-TOUR (8687) for an update or inquiries
- Vegetarian, gluten free, no fish/seafood, etc. is possibly available ONLY with advance notice given to us by calling (if possible/applicable) at least one day before your tour at 865-410-TOUR (8687)
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required IF you are the first people booking a specific date.
- Minimum numbers of 2 apply to run tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative date or full refund.
- Wheelchair and stroller accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Please call your tour operator at 865-410-TOUR (8687) if anyone in your party is under 21 years old. The operator needs to know this information before selecting restaurant stops for your particular tour.
- Special "add on's" and fun surprises can be added onto your tour if you have anyone coming that is celebrating a birthday, anniversary, bachelor/bachelorette party, etc. etc by notifying us at least 24 hours in advance by calling us at 865-410-TOUR (8687)!
- Beverages (water only is given at each restaurant)
- Food tasting (LARGE sample plates from each restaurant)
- All activities (tour guide entertainment, added on history tour information, etc)
- Partner discounts/coupons from other local downtown establishments
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly.
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase if of age)
- Gratuities (optional, especially if you enjoyed your time and the guide did a great job!)
Visit Knoxville (Visitor's Center) 301 S. Gay Street, Knoxville, TN 37902
- If coming on a tour on a Friday, when parking and checking in to the Visitors Center at 301 S. Gay Street, be sure to tell a staff member at the desk that you are there for the food tour, and BE SURE they write your parking pass until 5 (five) P.M. You ONLY need to check in and get a parking pass for weekday tours as passes are not required on weekends, and Visit Knoxville has completely free parking weekdays after 5pm and all day on weekends. Normal passes are just written for two hours, so we'd hate for you to possibly get towed at 4 P.M. after the normal 2 hour ticket runs out!! We get a special deal and our passes are written for three hours. Parking is then completely FREE in the Visit Knoxville parking lot after 5pm, so feel free to leave your car there and spend the rest of the evening in wonderful downtown!
- Parking is free in certain metered spots and garages on weekends unless posted otherwise. If you are having to park in a garage or on a metered street spot during any tour, you are responsible for paying that yourself if applicable, as parking fees will NOT be reimbursed. Be sure to CAREFULLY read the meters information, as some have two hour limits!
- Parking permits are not needed to park in the Visit Knoxville parking spaces on Saturday tours, as parking is free there on weekends.
- You will find your tour guide in the Visitors Center wearing a white t-shirt with our logo on it, and a generally some type of "area" set up on a table, counter, etc. with our information on it (brochures displayed, name tags out, etc). If you need help knowing where to go, please ask a Visit Knoxville staff member!
Friday's 2:00 pm
Saturday's 2:00 pm
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the East TN Tours, LLC in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
ALL SALES FINAL. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply. See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.