What You'll Get
This 2-hour food tour begins with the chef/guide's introduction to Pike Place Market. Learn about how the market got started and why it's so important to both chefs and local residents alike.
The tasting tour begins at Beecher's ‘World's Best’ Mac and Cheese. Learn about the cheese-making process first-hand, then try some Fair Trade coffee and all-natural doughnuts at Local Color.
Then it's on to Pike Place Chowder to taste award winning chowder; avoiding the line that wraps around the building. At Britt's Pickles, discuss their premium products and the benefits of using lactose fermentation. Elsewhere, try Ellenos Real Greek Yogurt; another chef-made tasting using MarketSpice's tea or spices; Uli's Famous Sausage and their authentic German sausage; and the Pike Place Fish Market's prized wild King Salmon Fillet. Then the tastings finish with some of the purest direct-trade dark chocolate at indi chocolate. That's 10 total stops with two chef-made tastings.
Though many tourists are attracted to the famous Pike Place Market every year, local chefs also selectively choose their seasonal produce and proteins daily from the market. This tour gives provides a taste of the vendors that supply the best chefs in town with their organic produce and sustainable seafood.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- This tour is not stroller accessible due to stairs and uneven terrain
- This tour is not Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- 10 vendor food stops, sampling the best products of Pike Place Market
- Discount card
- Chef guide
- Parking is not included in the ticket price. There are several garages near the market and street parking is available (free on Sunday)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Meet the chef/tour guide in front of Seattle Coffee Works 10 minutes prior to the tour's departure time.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Eat Seattle in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.