Our small group photo trips were designed to maximize your vacation time and avoid the crowds. Everything you want, nothing you don’t. Your guide will be an Astro-Photographer that takes complimentary photos of you throughout the trip.We will explore and take pictures at the tallest banyan tree in the US, a 90 foot waterfall, one of the youngest lava caves on the planet and world-class stargazing from a secluded spot unaccessible to other companies.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mauna Kea State Recreation Area, Saddle Road, 35 mile marker, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96721
All trips start from the Mauna Kea Recreation Area, a safe and easy spot for all rental cars to park at.
Next, we will whisk you off to the mountains of Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea. Our first stop will be at a special spot where two of the largest volcanoes on the planet collide. Then we will drive down into the rainforests of Hilo far from the tour buses and check out some beautiful waterfalls and a non-touristy lava tube cave. Our next stop will be at the largest Japanese Garden outside of Japan. After our stroll, we will head to down through Hilo and grab dinner at a local diner.
When the sun goes down, we will check out a volcanic lava tube cave.
Finally we drive up into the mountains of Mauna Kea for the best stargazing of your life! Enjoy a laser guided star show and get your picture taken with the stars in the background.
Next stop is back to the Mauna Kea Recreation Area for a drop-off between 9pm-10:30pm
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Rainbow Falls, Waianuenue Avenue, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96720
We will check out a massive Indian banyan tree, mango forest and take professional photos at the waterfall overlook.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Kaumana Caves Park, Kaumana Drive Mile Marker 4, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI
We will take the steep and adventurous path down into the cave and take unique style photos.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Mauna Kea, Island of Hawaii, HI
We will find a remote spot on the slopes of the mountain for a private stargazing show and astro-photos.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 7 people per booking (Contact us if you have more)
- Meeting Point: Mauna Kea Recreation Area
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Comfy Parka Jackets with pockets and a hood
- Unique Waterfall, Lava Tube Cave and Stargazing Photos, perfect for social media
- Complimentary High-Resolution photos available for download within 24 hours after the experience
- Entry/Admission - Mauna Kea State Recreation Area
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Dinner - It's recommended to eat before the photo trip
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Epic! Tours Hawaii in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.