See for yourself why iconic movies such as “A River Runs Through It” and “The Horse Whisperer” were filmed in Paradise Valley. Ascend switchbacks on Antelope Butte – formed of volcanic rock 60 million years ago and once home to the Crow Native Americans – where you will be greeted to a statuesque, snow-capped view of Emigrant Peak towering in the distance. At the summit, you will also see a cairn standing in reverence – an homage to the Crow Native Americans’ presence on the Butte dating back to the 1880s. Be sure to bring your binoculars – and camera! – as you may have the unique opportunity to view some of Montana’s natural inhabitants including Mule deer, Golden Eagles, fox, elk and more!
About This Deal
Pull on your hiking boots and join us on a trek to Antelope Butte!
This magnificent land was formed of volcanic rock 60 million years ago. It’s a combination of rolling range interspersed by grassy meadows, pine-covered hills, seasonal creeks, springs, and steep coulees. As we make our journey upwards, you will be treated to a statuesque, snow-capped view of Emigrant Peak towering in the distance.
At the summit, the views are even more spectacular. To the north we’ll see Sheep Mountain and the towering Crazy Mountains, a stark contrast against an abyss of prairie that seems to extend infinitely to the east. You will also see a cairn standing in reverence, which is a homage to the Crow Native Americans’ presence on the Butte dating back to the 1880s.
The members of Erik’s Ranch love to show people the awe-inspiring aspects of our home. So come out, experience Montana’s wild beauty for yourself, and make their day!
Please be aware that this is a hike, not a walk, and the difficulty level is moderate. Guests must be a minimum age of 6.
Please call us directly to book!
• Erik's Montana Adventures, 273 Trail Creek Rd, Livingston, MT 59047-8816
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- All activities
- Professional guide
- Transportation to/from attractions
The Lodge at Erik's Ranch, 273 Trail Creek Rd, Livingston, MT 59047, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Eriks Montana Adventures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.