Whale watching season is all year long in San Diego! Our team at Next Level Sailing provides the optimal experience with guides so experienced we received a 100 percent success rate last year when spotting the King of the Deep.
Not only are we open (as of February 12, 2021), we are one of the best outdoor activities to do in San Diego. Gray whale watching season spans from mid-December through April. Blue whales and fin whales are seen feeding in San Diego from April - August. Humpback whales and minke whales are seen throughout the year, particularly in the spring, summer, and fall. Aboard our 141-foot sailing yacht, the Yacht America, you will see a plethora of whales firsthand in their natural habitat. In addition to whales, we also see dolphins and sea lions, and an abundance of naval activity. Don't be surprised if you see an F-18 fly overhead!
Bring your own picnic, friends, and family for a wonderful day out on the water
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Old Point Loma Lighthouse, Point Loma, San Diego, CA
We sail past North Island Naval Air Station, US Navy Base Point Loma, Cabrillo National Monument, Point Loma Lighthouse
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 77 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- -Operating at 65% capacity -We are 141 feet long. To put that in perspective, a major competitor is 84 feet with 149 passengers. -Four wooden doghouses on 25 foot wide deck, always cleaned
- 4.5-hr sailing cruise
- Sodas and snacks
- Whale sighting guarantee
- No seasickness' guarantee
- 9:00 AM trip: Check in between 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM
- 11:00 AM trip: Check-in starts at 10:00 AM and ends at 10:30 AM
- 1:15 PM trip: Check in between 12:30 - 12:45
- 2:00 PM Trip: Check in between 1:15 PM - 1:30 PM
- Free Parking. Check-in located next to parking lot.
- Bring layers, blankets, and jackets. It can be cold on the water!
- Hotel pickup and drop off
4 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Next Level Sailing in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.