On this tour, you’ll first get to do an incredible narrated scenic tour on a motor coach up to the Alaska Rainforest Sanctuary. You’ll be able to cross on elevated platforms that give you a greater chance the see the wildlife, so be sure to keep your eyes open for black bears, bald eagles, seals, deer and a huge variety of birds.
If it’s bald eagles you want to see, then you’ll continue your excursion at a stop at the Eagle Sanctuary to see the eagles up close and personal. Then, you’ll get to stop by the carving shed to meet and interact with a native carver to learn how to carve totem poles, and the traditions behind them. To finish off an incredible experience, you’ll get to have some fresh cooked Dungeness crab in an incredibly beautiful lodge setting next to the George Inlet.
Please note: Tour could operate in reverse order. Roundtrip transportation from the cruise ship terminal is included in tour price.
What You'll Get
- 20-minute Narrated bus drive from pier to Alaska Rainforest Sanctuary site
- 1.75-hour Guided rainforest walk on trail and boardwalk followed by visit to eagle center, reindeer shed, sawmill, totem poles and gift shop
- 10-minute Scenic drive from Alaska Rainforest Sanctuary site to George Inlet Lodge
- 1.25-hour All you can eat Dungeness Crab Feast (salad and cheesecake combined with meal)
- 30-minute Scenic drive back to pier
**Reverse time if guests eat first.
**This tour is wheelchair and scooter accessible. If guests need assistance, please contact tour operator ahead of time. Guests must be able to take a few steps to transfer onto bus.
This tour does include a meal. One glass of white wine, red wine or Alaskan Amber beer is included in price. Additional glasses of alcohol can be purchased at the lodge. Soda, coffee, tea and water are complimentary. Alternative menu items include Cajun, grilled or lemon peppered chicken for non-seafood eaters. Ravioli with pesto sauce is available for vegetarians.
Rain gear is recommended for days with poor weather.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
Berth 2 near the Liquid Sunshine Gauge and "The Rock" statue
Everyday of the week. 7:00am, 7:30am, 7:45am, 8:00am, 9:00am, 9:30am, 9:45am, 10:30am, 11:00am, 11:15am, 11:30am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 2:30pm
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Experience Alaska Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.