What You'll Get
Chinatown smells delightfully of incense and green tea, and one feels as if they are in Asia, yet this walking food tour is of Chinatown in the heart of San Francisco. You can also see Alcatraz Island as part of this 6.5-hour tour package.
See the captivating sights and enjoy the culinary delights of the exotic district of Chinatown, the oldest quarter of San Francisco. You will visit places where if you weren't born and raised in Chinatown, you'd never know they were there.
You will be delighted by the bustling Dim Sum houses, small cafes, tea shops, Buddhist temples, and open-air markets. See a fortune cookie factory and off-the-beaten-path eateries, where no English is spoken and some that don't even have a sign denoting their existence.
Enter an alley in Chinatown where the signs are in Chinese, and exit in North Beach next to a bar that Jack Kerouac frequented. Skirting the Barbary Coast, proceed to the cafes, pizzerias, bakeries, & saloons of North Beach.
Alcatraz is the most popular island in the Bay and you can take the ferry to see it. Explore the island with your group and take advantage of audio-guided portions. Whether you choose to do the Alcatraz portion of this package before or after the food tour, you can't go wrong. Explore Alcatraz and The North Beach and Chinatown Food Tour are two great experiences for one great San Francisco day!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Exact departure times are available within a few hours of booking. Please contact tour operator
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking.
- A moderate amount of walking. Wear comfortable shoes.
- Transportation to Alcatraz is by boat (May experience windy conditions)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Minimum age is 18 years
- All passenger names must be listed when booking
- Everyone must have a government issued photo I.D. when picking up tickets at Pier 33 or they will not be permitted to board. Please arrive no later than 45 minutes prior to departure
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Maximum is 15 people per booking
- Meals as per itinerary ( L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Local, professional guide (Food tour)
- Round-trip ferry (Alcatraz Island)
- Audio-guided and self-guided (Alcatraz Island)
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
North Beach and Chinatown Food Tour (Chinatown Dragon's Gate)
Explore Alcatraz (The Embarcadero)
6 hours 30 minutes
Near Washington Square Park (North Beach)
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Explore San Francisco in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply. See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.