What You'll Get
Start your adventure on a mid-morning sailing for Alcatraz, San Franciso's most popular attraction, a must-do for millions of SF visitors each year. Most guests stay about three hours but return when you like as the ferries come and go about every thirty minutes. You will have plenty of time to grab lunch and then for dessert and a fascinating afternoon tour, head out to the Mission District! If you choose to take BART, it is a quick 15-minute ride to 16th and Mission BART Station. From the BART station, it is a short couple of blocks to the heart of the Mission where you will meet your friendly and fun guide for your afternoon dessert tour.
Your two hour dessert tour begins at 18th and Valencia Streets, be prepared to let go and allow yourself to enjoy the sweeter things in life. Give in and indulge your sweet tooth. Learn about this fascinating and vibrant neighborhood and take in all it has to offer: A thriving arts scene, an unbelievable restaurant scene, beautiful architecture, a very diverse and international population, world-famous murals, street performers, great people watching, and an electric Latin vibe permeates it all. The city's first neighborhood, the Mission has a storied past that is a rich tapestry of legendary history. The best weather in San Francisco is here. With the arts, history, energy, and the weather, it's no surprise that this is where the moneyed tech crowd flocks, but interestingly enough the Mission has not been overrun by tourists. Explore an area seemingly made for food tours and also a delight to all the senses, a neighborhood that is still a well-kept secret, a district that will provide sweet memories for a long time to come.
This Mission District Dessert Tour rarely follows the same itinerary any two days in a row. With so many choices, you might be surprised. Some of what you may experience: a hand-crafted chocolate factory, Brazilian acai bowls and fruit smoothies, Indian chai, pork belly and maple bacon donuts, a Mexican panaderia, tea tasting, rich and creamy hand-crafted ice cream, mini cupcakes, whoopie pies, local fruits, home-made pies, churros, fudge, a French bakery, an Italian bakery, a 90 year old donut shop, and a soda fountain. Along the way, hear fascinating stories about this eclectic and vibrant neighborhood from your dedicated guide, a local resident. You'll leave with a new found knowledge of the food-centric Mission District.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please confirm departure time of Alcatraz
- Duration of dessert tour is approximately 1.5-2 hours and an average Alcatraz visit is between 2.5 - 3 hours. Total duration of both tours is 4-5 hours
- Return from Alcatraz whenever you choose, departures are about every 30 to 40 minutes
- A moderate amount of walking is involved for both the food tour and Alcatraz. Wear comfortable shoes and bring a light sweater or hoodie
- The Mission District is flat and the distance walked is less than half a mile. Wear comfortable shoes
- Alcatraz requires walking up and down small hills and pathways
- Transportation to island is by boat, although not over open sea, the water can be choppy, the ride can be windy
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Bring a light jacket or hoodie even on sunny days, when the fog arrives in the afternoons
- At this time we only offer adult tickets to Alcatraz
- All passenger names must be listed when booking. Every person in your group must be listed
- For security purposes, a government-issued photo ID is required for all guests to board the Alcatraz ferry
- Alcatraz audio tour is available in English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Mandarin, Portuguese and Korean
- Ferries to Alcatraz Island depart every 30 to 40 minutes from Pier 33 You may leave Alcatraz Island at any time; ferries depart every 30 to 40 minutes; the last departing ferry is usually 6:30pm Alcatraz voucher and a valid photo ID for all travelers will be required to pick up your Alcatraz tickets
- Wheelchair accessible
- National Park fees
- Local, professional, knowledgeable, and friendly tour guide
- Walking food tour of the Mission neighborhood
- A variety of desserts both familiar and new
- See the Mission District neighborhood points of interest and hear the fascinating history of this area
- Round trip ferry service to the Island
- Headset containing a 2.5 hour narrated tour available in English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Mandarin, Portuguese and Korean. Docents on Alcatraz are available to help show off the highlights of Alcatraz
- Return from Alcatraz when you like, departures are every 30-40 minutes. Average stay on island is 2.5- 3 hours. Final boat is typically at 6:30 p.m.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended)
Mission Sweets Dessert Tour
Close to BART
Alcatraz Tour... Mid- Morning Departure.
Please confirm exact time for Alcatraz departure.
Likely times are 9:30, 10:00, 10:30, 11:00 subject to availability
Arrival at Alcatraz Landing at Pier 33 must be no later than 45 minutes prior to departure time.
Mission Sweets: A Dessert Tour.
After your afternoon dessert tour, we will help you get to where you need to go. This will include directions to, or an escort to the BART Station, MUNI Bus or Street Car, or F-Line stop. We can also assist you in getting a car, ride-share, or taxi. Or we will walk you to your own vehicle. We will be in the same general area as where the tour began.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Explore San Francisco in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply. See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.