What You'll Get
Cruise on San Francisco Bay to Alcatraz Island and the infamous and notorious former federal prison, which was home to the likes of Al Capone, “Machine Gun” Kelley, and The Birdman. This trip includes the award-winning audio tour in the prison cell house with actual interviews of former guards and inmates.
Enjoy an orientation video by the Discovery Channel with historical footage to be seen nowhere else. Enjoy the views, the famous gardens, the abundant wildlife, on land, in the sea, or in-flight. Explore the island on self-guided walks and take in all the exhibits. Experience the Ranger talks on fascinating topics such as “Famous Escapes.”
The ferry trip alone is a thrill but the island is not to be missed. And to really make a complete day of it, enjoy Alcatraz combined with another of San Francisco's favorite experiences, a Mission District Food Tour...
Seemingly built for Food Tours, the Mission District is a celebration of the "Culinary Arts", considered to be a world-class dining destination, and one of the capitals of the "Foodie-World".
Mission District Food Tour-North takes you inside this vibrant neighborhood where dozens of restaurants with seating for thousands of guests exist along the Valencia Corridor. Besides the quality of the food, the result of fierce competition, the diversity of the food is the biggest draw to this area's eateries. Our Mission District Food Tour takes you into this delicious and exciting world. Your guides and your hosts, all live in this neighborhood and know these streets intimately.
The best area for new and exciting restaurants is also where to find world famous murals, Victorian homes, nightclubs, and a thriving arts scene. The tour works with dozens of restaurants here and pride itself on making each tour unique, never doing the same tour twice.
The Food Tours are roving dinner parties where each course is served at a different eatery, starting with appetizers and ending with dessert. Enjoy a multi-course meal while your guides share stories of the city and her history. You will end up with a full tummy and a new appreciation of the local cuisine, and the culture that created it. Also by tour's end, you'll likely have made new friends with like-minded people with similar interests.
This tour is also offered with an alcohol pairing option for those 21 and over.
Alcatraz is usually a 2.5-3 hour tour and so is the Mission Food Tour. Total duration is about 5-6 hours. The food tour ends around 6:00 PM.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Duration of food tour is approximately 2.5- 3 hours and an average Alcatraz visit lasts between 2.5- 3 hours. Return from Alcatraz whenever you choose, departures are about every 30 to 40 minutes
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements when booking. We can accommodate most dietary restrictions with advance notice
- A moderate amount of walking is involved for both the food tour and Alcatraz
- The Mission District is easily accessible by BART or Muni, total travel time 15-25 minutes each way from Embarcadero.
- Complete directions, transit info, and parking information sent with confirmation email
- Alcatraz also requires walking up and down small hills and pathways.
- Transportation to Island is by boat, although not over open sea, the water can still be choppy, and the ride can be windy.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Bring a light jacket or hoodie even on sunny days, when the fog arrives in the afternoons.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers. ID is required for all passengers.
- All passenger names must be listed when booking
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Distance from Food Tour to Pier 33 is about 2 miles, 25 minutes on BART and Street Car, or less than 10 minutes by car. Detailed directions sent with confirmation
- An insider's food tour through the neighborhood that is the center of San Francisco's culinary scene
- Progressive courses served at different locations chosen for their excellence
- Local, Professional, Knowledgable, and Friendly Tour Guides
- See the fun and fascinating neighborhood points of interest and hear the colorful history of San Francisco's first neighborhood
- Round Trip Ferry Service to Alcatraz
- Headset containing a 2.5 hour narrated tour available in several languages
- Docents on Alcatraz are available to help show off the highlights of Alcatraz
- Return from Alcatraz when you like, departures are every 30-40 minutes. Average stay on island is 2.5- 3 hours
- 4-course dinner
- Gratuities for guides are not included but are customary Please remember your tour guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
Mission District Food Tour
At 15th and Valencia Streets
The Embarcadero Pier 33
Alcatraz and the Mission District Food Tour
Food Tour Departs Saturdays at......... 3:00 PM
Packaged with an
Alcatraz Tour in the Morning. Usually, 9:30, 10:00, 10:30 or 11:00
5 to 6 hrs
Almost making a complete circle, the Mission Food Tour ends very close to the starting location and close to parking and transit. You guide will help you get to where you need to go.
At pier 33 for tours that end with Alcatraz
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Explore San Francisco in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply. See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.