This relaxed-paced tour spends the most time, up to 1 ¾ hours, in Muir Woods exploring the enchanted grove of Coastal Sequoias. This is the only Muir Woods tour from San Francisco that includes a complimentary hotel pickup, a Golden Gate Bridge photo stop and over an hour in Sausalito to shop and lunch. You’ll also enjoy down-time in seaside community of Sausalito and the perfect Golden Gate Bridge selfie. Make it a perfect day and take the ferry back to San Francisco.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Palace of Fine Arts Theatre, 3301 Lyon Street, San Francisco, CA 94123-1002
The Palace of Fine Arts in the Marina District of San Francisco, California, is a monumental structure originally constructed for the 1915 Panama-Pacific Exposition in order to exhibit works of art presented there.
Stop At: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
Photo stop overlooking bridge and city. The Golden Gate Bridge is a suspension bridge spanning the Golden Gate, the one-mile-wide (1.6 km) strait connecting San Francisco Bay and the Pacific Ocean.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: San Francisco Bay, San Francisco, CA
San Francisco Bay is a shallow estuary in the US state of California. It is surrounded by a contiguous region known as the San Francisco Bay Area (often simply "the Bay Area"), and is dominated by the large cities of San Jose, San Francisco and Oakland.
Pass By: Marin Headlands, Golden Gate National Recreation Area, CA 94965
A hilly peninsula at the southernmost end of Marin County, located just north of San Francisco across the Golden Gate Bridge, which connects the two counties and peninsulas. Part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area and famous for their views of the Bay Area, especially of the Golden Gate Bridge.
Stop At: Muir Woods National Monument, 1 Muir Woods Rd, Mill Valley, CA 94941-4205
Known for its towering old-growth redwood trees. Trails wind among the trees to Cathedral Grove and Bohemian Grove, and along Redwood Creek. The primeval home to old growth Coastal Redwoods, some at least 1,200 years old. The tallest is 258 feet high. We optimize the time you spend on the trails of Coastal Redwoods by arriving before the crowds. You’ll spend 1.5 hours (or more!) enjoying California’s native flora and fauna, taking in giant ferns, moss-lined creeks, fresh bay leaf-scented air from the many Laurel trees and squirrels, blue jays and deer if you’re lucky.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Muir Woods Visitor Center, 1 Muir Woods Rd, Mill Valley, CA 94941, USA
The Muir Woods Visitors Center (1 Muir Woods Rd., daily 8am-close, closing hours vary) abuts the main parking area and marks the entrance to Muir Woods.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: sausalito Home Boats, 47 S Forty Pier Marinship, Sausalito, CA 94965-1398
Lunch Stop in Sausalito. Sausalito is a city in Marin County across the Golden Gate Strait from San Francisco, known for its Richardson Bay houseboat enclaves, built by artist squatters after WWII. The Sausalito floating home community consists of more than 400 houseboats.
Duration: 45 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Exact destinations & itinerary may differ due to weather, road conditions, and the guide's discretion.
- California law requires tour guests to bring a car safety seat for all children under 8 years and under 4' 9" (1.4 meters) in height. Any guest that does not provide their child's safety seat at the time of the tour and does not inform the tour operator in advance may not be allowed to board the tour and will not be subject to refund.
- For hotel pickups, if your hotel is not listed, please select the Hilton Union Square at 333 O'Farrell Street (the meeting point is outside the Mason Street entrance).
- Audio guides are available in French, Spanish, German, Italian, Mandarin Chinese, and Japanese. Specify language at time of booking under special requirements.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Park entrance fee to Muir Woods National Monument not included; please refer to the National Park Service website for current rates and discounts.
- For the rare event that commercial parking is not available at Muir Woods, we reserve the right to arrange an alternative destination for experiencing Giant Coastal Redwoods during your tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- Meals are not included but available for purchase at Muir Woods Visitor's Center and Sausalito.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Complimentary SF hotel pickup from most hotels
- Excursion to picturesque Sausalito and Muir Woods
- Lunch - Meals are not included but available for purchase at Muir Woods Visitor's Center and Sausalito.
- Muir Woods Park Entrance fee - Please refer to National Park Service website for current rates.
- Entry/Admission - Muir Woods National Monument
- Entry/Admission - Muir Woods Visitor Center
4 to 5 hours
Hotel Zephyr, 250 Beach St, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Extranomical Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.