This is a private day trip from New York City with private transportation and a private tour guide for your group of up to six guests. It is a day out of the city spent in a lovely New England village by the sea with spectacular homes, museums and views of the ocean.
In addition to spending time and having lunch in the village of Newport, we tour Bellevue Avenue (aka "America's most expensive street"); 10 mile Ocean Drive with its breathtaking ocean views and lighthouse and an 1800's Gilded Era Mansion. Guests also have their choice of visiting ONE of the following three museums: International Tennis Hall of Fame, America's Cup Hall of Fame or Newport (classic car) Museum.
AMERICA'S CUP HALL OF FAME IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are interested in visiting the America's Cup Hall of Fame, please contact us in advance of making your reservation with the date(s) of your desired visit, as the days and hours the Hall of Fame is open varies by season.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Newport, Newport, Rhode Island
A quaint New England village by the sea, famous for its Gilded era mansions; first home of the U.S. Open in both tennis and golf; home to sailing's coveted America's Cup and the Newport (classic) Car Museum.
Newport has one of the highest concentrations of colonial homes in the America, with three National Register listed historic districts. Newport served summer home to Presidents Kennedy & Eisenhower, during their time in office, with Jacqueline and President Kennedy being married here.
In addition to exploring Newport's neighborhoods, shops and waterfront, this will be where you have lunch - with many options available.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Ocean Drive, Newport, RI
Breathtaking coastal views along Newport's southern coast. Ranked as one of the most popular drives in the country, the ten-mile drive is full of iconic mansions. Points of interest include New York Yacht Club, Hammersmith Farm, Gooseberry Beach, and Brenton Point.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Herreshoff Marine Museum, 1 Burnside St, Bristol, RI 02809-2003
Guests have their choice of visiting ONE of the following three museums: International Tennis Hall of Fame, Herreshoff Marine Museum & America's Cup Hall of Fame or Newport (classic car) Museum. If you are interested in visiting the America's Cup Hall of Fame, please let us know in advance of making your reservation the date you would like your tour, as the days and hours of opening for the Hall of Fame varies by season.
Read more about New York to Newport Rhode Island Day Trip 2019 - New York City - https://www.viator.com/tours/New-York-City/New-York-to-Newport-Rhode-Island-Day-Trip/d687-7908P31?mcid=56757
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- ***NOTE: Wheelchair and scooter users (including the wheelchair and scooter) can be accommodated, as long as the guest is able to transfer from the device to the seat of a mini-van. The maximum number of guests on the tour may be decreased, depending on the size of the wheelchair or scooter.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Private transportation
- Guiding Services
- Entry/Admission - Ocean Drive
- Admission Fees (approx $40 total per person)
- Food and Refrehments
- Entry/Admission - Herreshoff Marine Museum
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pickup from any New York City location, including hotels, AirBnBs, Bed and Breakfasts and private residences.
- Newark Liberty Intl Airport, 3 Brewster Rd, Newark, NJ 07114
- John F. Kennedy Intl Airport, Jamaica, NY 11430
- LaGuardia Airport, East Elmhurst, NY 11371
- Manhattan Cruise Terminal, 711 12th Ave, New York, NY 10019, USA
- Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, Brooklyn, NY 11231, USA
- Cape Liberty Cruise Port, 4 Port Terminal Blvd, Bayonne, NJ 07002, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Family in New York, Inc. in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.