Explore one of San Francisco’s most distinguished art collections at the de Young Museum, situated in lovely Golden Gate Park. Wander through the museum’s spectacular permanent displays of paintings, sculpture and artifacts from the Americas, Africa and Oceania, and upgrade to include the audio tour and access to the top-tier Special Exhibitions. Head up to the Hamon Observation Tower to admire stunning views of San Francisco, Marin Headlands and the Golden Gate Bridge! You can also enter the Legion of Honor Museum with this ticket at no extra cost!
What You'll Get
Visit: Golden Gate Park, 501 Stanyan St, San Francisco, CA 94117-1898
The most-visited art museum west of the Mississippi, San Francisco’s de Young Museum houses a vast permanent collection of art in a distinctive copper-clad structure in Golden Gate Park.
Visit: de Young Museum, 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Dr Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA 94118-4502
Exploring the museum at your leisure, marvel at important American paintings, sculptures and decorative objects from the 17th century to the present, as well as fascinating pottery, woodcarvings and other decorative objects from South America, Africa and New Zealand.
Delve deeper by touring the museum’s rotating exhibits of photography, textiles and graphic arts. The collection includes Japanese prints, photos of the aftermath of the 1906 San Francisco earthquake and couture designs by Christian Dior and Coco Chanel.
Recharge at the de Young Café, offering views of the museum’s sculpture garden and menu items tied to the themes of current Special Exhibitions. Browse the intriguing selection of publications, home goods, toys and crafts at the museum’s stores, and don’t miss the views of the Golden Gate Bridge and Marin Headlands from the 144-foot-tall (44-meter) Hamon Observation Tower.
Upgrade: Audio Tour or Special Exhibitions
Enhance your de Young Museum experience with the fascinating audio tour, suitable for both adults and children. Or you can choose to enjoy entrance to the highly anticipated Special Exhibitions, a staple at the de Young. Past exhibitions have showcased masterpieces by Picasso and Van Gogh, provocative costumes by designer Jean Paul Gaultier and priceless ancient Egyptian artifacts from the tomb of King Tut.
Visit: Legion of Honor, 100 34th Ave Lincoln Park, San Francisco, CA 94121-1677
This ticket also provides free same-day General Admission to the Legion of Honor Museum
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Standard-size backpacks and strollers allowed. Bags larger than 8"h x 8"w x 5"d must be carried by hand. Other items may be required to check. Some exhibitions have restricted stroller access
- Wheelchair accessible. Wheelchairs may be borrowed from the Information Desks on a first-come-first–served basis
- No smoking in the museum or the park by city ordinance
- Please silence cell phones and pagers while in the galleries
- Still photography is permitted in the permanent galleries but no video, tripods, or flash photography
- Sketching is permitted for individuals with pencil on a small (9” x 12” or smaller) hand-held pad in the permanent collection only
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Entry/Admission - de Young Museum
- Entry/Admission - Legion of Honor
- Special exhibitions or audio tours (unless selected at time of booking)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
2 to 4 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Corporation of the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.