Perched on the headlands above the Golden Gate Bridge is the California Palace of the Legion of Honor. This unique art museum is one of San Francisco’s greatest treasures, and its spectacular setting is made even more dramatic by the impressive French neoclassical building. Explore an extensive collection of European paintings and sculptures, ancient Mediterranean art and the largest collection of works on paper in the American West, and upgrade to enjoy the audio tour or gain entrance to the fascinating Special Exhibits. You can also enter the Young Museum with this ticket at no extra cost!
About This Deal
Visit: Legion of Honor, 100 34th Ave Lincoln Park, San Francisco, CA 94121-1677
With your admission ticket in hand, head to the California Palace of the Legion of Honor (known informally as the Legion of Honor), located in Lincoln Park overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge, where the Pacific spills into San Francisco Bay. A gift of Alma de Bretteville Spreckels to the city of San Francisco in the early 1900s, this stunning building is a replica of the Palais de la Légion d’Honneur along the Seine in Paris, and its epic location makes this hidden gem one of the city’s greatest treasures.
Explore the museum’s extensive collection of more than 124,000 works of art, including European paintings, sculptures and decorative arts; ancient art from the Mediterranean basin; and the largest collection of works on paper in the American West. The permanent collection reflects a history of patronage by its founders, whose focus was 18th- and 19th-century French art.
Don’t miss one of the 28 original casts of Rodin's The Thinker statue and the must-see Salon Doré of the Hôtel de la Trémoille exhibit, reopening in the fall of 2013. This is one of the finest examples of French neoclassical interior architecture in the world.
Be sure to bring your camera, because after your time at the museum, you can walk a bit down the road for incredible views of the Golden Gate Bridge and Marin Headlands in the distance.
Upgrade: Audio Tour or Special Exhibits Upgrade to include the audio tour at the Legion of Honor for a more in-depth experience, or enjoy entrance to its fascinating Special Exhibits.
Visit: de Young Museum, 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Dr Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA 94118-4502
This ticket also allows you free same-day General Admission to the de Young Museum in Golden Gate Park
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Standard-size backpacks and strollers allowed. Bags larger than 8"h x 8"w x 5"d must be carried by hand. Other items may be required to check. Some exhibitions have restricted stroller access
- Wheelchair accessible. Wheelchairs may be borrowed from the Information Desks on a first-come, first–served basis.
- City ordinance prohibits smoking in the museum or the park
- Please silence cell phones and pagers while in the galleries
- Still photography is permitted in the permanent galleries, however video, tripods and flash photography are prohibited
- Sketching is permitted for individuals with pencils on a small (9” x 12” or smaller) hand-held pad in the permanent collection only
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We have implemented increased cleaning, newly installed sanitizing stations, and Plexiglass shields at our Tickets and Membership Desks.
- Admission to Legion of Honor
- Same day admission to the de Young Museum
- Entry/Admission - Legion of Honor
- Entry/Admission - de Young Museum
- Special exhibitions or audio tours (unless selected at time of booking)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/1/2022 - 12/31/2022
|Tuesday:||09:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||09:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Thursday:||09:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Friday:||09:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Sunday:||09:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
2 to 4 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Corporation of the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.