See Florida’s famous flamingos as well an abundance of other native animals and plants when you visit Flamingo Gardens in Ft Lauderdale. Observe animals such as alligators, panthers and peacocks, and stroll through lush gardens filled with butterflies and hummingbirds, ancient oak trees, orchids and bromeliads, and more. Walk into the large open aviary where birds fly free and check out the Wray Museum, which shows a typical South Florida home from the 1930s.
About This Deal
Visit: Flamingo Gardens, 3750 S Flamingo Rd, Davie, FL 33330-1698
Your admission to Flamingo Gardens takes you into a 60-acre (24-hectare) wildlife sanctuary with tropical botanical gardens and a large group of Florida's native rescued critters such as alligators, eagles, otters, bear, bobcats, panthers, peacocks, and, of course, flamingos.
Explore the Wray Botanical Garden’s subtropical plants and trees, which features some of the largest examples of their species in Florida. Then stroll through the Everglades Wildlife Sanctuary where more than 80 native creatures live. Watch an expert handler present a wildlife encounter show featuring the birds of prey and reptiles. You'll learn more about their lives in Florida’s habitat.
Stroll through theme gardens such as the Butterfly and Hummingbird Garden, where you may glimpse species like the ruby-throated hummingbird, the South American malachite butterfly, and the very rare pink-spot sulfur butterfly. See orchids, bromeliads, and other air plants that hang among the branches in a grove of live oaks that are upwards of 200 years old.
Marvel at feathered friends in the 25,000-square-foot aviary, which is home to one of America’s largest collections of wading birds. Five Everglades ecosystems are represented: coastal prairie, cypress forest, mangrove swamp, subtropical hardwood hammock, and sawgrass prairie.
Caribbean flamingos parade around at Flamingo Pond, a favorite spot for visitors. The Bird of Prey Center houses owls, hawks, falcons, and golden and bald eagles.
You can also tour the Wray Museum, located in the former home of the family who owned this land. Built in 1933, the residence has been restored to provide a glimpse of life in a typical South Florida country home from the 1930s.
Your admission includes a tram ride with informative commentary plus exclusive access to 42 remote acres of Flamingo Gardens, with some of the last original jungle growth in South Florida. Ride through a tropical rainforest, 200-year-old live oaks, and tropical fruit groves. Then pass by the wetland area where juvenile birds born in the wildlife sanctuary are released. The tour lasts approximately 25 minutes, leaving every hour throughout the day.
If you get hungry during your visit, snacks and beverages can be purchased at the marketplace and cafe on the grounds.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Parking is free
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Entry/Admission - Flamingo Gardens
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
1/1/2020 - 12/31/2022
|Monday - Sunday:||09:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Flamingo Gardens in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.