This private tour is a duplicate of our most popular walking tour - Key West Southernmost Walking Tour. The difference is that it will be only your group on a tour and you will get more of a personalized experience.
Key West is the southernmost island of Florida Keys coral cay archipelago. It is only two by four miles long and it might seem like it is nothing more than a perfect beach vacation town. But the island has a lot more to offer. It has a fascinating history that dates back to the age of exploration. And being only 90 miles away from Havana, Key West played one of the key roles in freeing Cuba from Spain.
Join us for a 1.5-hour adventure! Our tour is led by knowledgable local guides. As we walk through the streets of the old town, you will discover the history and culture of our island. Shipwrecking, sponging, cigar manufacturing, treasure hunting - it’s all about Key West!
What to bring and to wear:
Comfortable clothing and shoes, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, water.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Mel Fisher Maritime Heritage Museum, 200 Greene St, Key West, FL 33040-6516
You will learn the history of shipwreck salvaging in Key West and how Mel Fisher was able to recover 450 million dollars of Spanish treasure from the bottom of the ocean.
Pass By: San Carlos Institute, 516 Duval St, Key West, FL 33040-6553
You will learn about Cuban immigration to Key West and how it influenced local culture.
Pass By: Key West, Key West, Florida Keys, Florida
We will pass by Bahama Village, which is an original place of settlement of Bahamians that arrived to Key West in the early 1800s. You will find out why Key West locals call themselves Conchs and hear the fascinating story of Conch Republic's creation.
Pass By: The Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum, 907 Whitehead Street, Key West, FL 33040-7473
We will pass by Hemingway residence and you will learn why Ernest Hemingway chose to buy this house and what makes the pool there so special.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- must be able to walk 1.4-1.8 miles in warm weather conditions
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Local Guide
KINO Sandals, 107 Fitzpatrick St, Key West, FL 33040, USA
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 11/21/2019 - 1/20/2021
|Monday - Sunday:||08:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
1 hour 30 minutes
Southernmost Point of the Continental US, Whitehead St &, South St, Key West, FL 33040, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Florida Keys Ventures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.