Eat Like A New Yorker! Like having a friend in NY!
We believe in Food Tour Freedom. Choose what you like and how much. Started by a caring local these unique larger group tours are like a fun excursion. Great New York cheap eats in the East Village! Our very different from the standard food tours have hosted about 40,000 guests and have won the TripAdvisor Certificate Of Excellence nine years in a row. Our format allows you to meet/mingle with others from around the world on our unique subway/walking eating experiences. Reviewers say take the tour early in your trip for our unbiased restaurant recommendations as we help our guests potentially save hundreds of dollars while they eat great and save real money. Tour includes about 5 stops in one of the great eating neighborhoods in Manhattan. Venture away from the tourist areas with multiple cuisine stops including at least one sweet stop. Food On Foot Tours is a member of the TripAdvisor Hall Of Fame!
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Food On Foot Tours, New York City, NY 10010
This quality fresh food eating tour in one of New York's greatest foodie neighborhoods is a different experience from standard food tours. You are on a real eating tour for those who love food and want to experience real New York eating. This is not a sampling tour and you do not stand on the corner and get a piece of cheese, leaving you wanting more. Ticket includes a $15 food credit. You choose what you like and how much by purchasing small items at each stop while spending just $15 to $20 on average for food on the tour. The tour will replace a restaurant meal. Since this is first and foremost an eating tour you will experience the city and its eateries the same way New Yorkers do—by subway and on foot.
The tour is relaxed and informal as you walk the neighborhoods of real non-tourist New York and make friends with others from around the world. Part of the fun of the tour is that each stop is a surprise but you are not obligated to purchase items at any location. There are usually many choices at each location. Many stops are at smaller places so there is both inside and outside eating on each tour and walking with food. Enjoy a uniquely different experience and tour. See and eat New York like a New Yorker.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years old
- Vegetarian option is available at most stops
- Gluten free options available but limited
- You make your own food selections on the tour, which is helpful for those with restrictions
- A moderate amount of walking is involved and all walking is within one neighborhood
- Wheelchair accessible. If assistance is required, passenger must provide their own caregiver
- Operates rain or shine, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Licensed local professional guide
- Subway/Walking tour
- Subway tips after you book to help you save money on your trip
- $15 food credit (Make your own food selections)
- Unbiased restaurant recommendations
- Transportation to/from attractions (MetroCard-Subway Pass required for the tour)
Grand Central Terminal, 89 E 42nd St, New York, NY 10017, USA
3 hours 30 minutes
East Village, New York, NY, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Food On Foot Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.