The Crusaders for Civil Rights -The Church, The Children and The Community Birmingham, AL Tour is an historical American story many will never forget. This tour tells the story of the evangelistic support in Birmingham of the crusade for Love the greatest commandment. We will explore the crusade of the brave children who marched for all our future and the involvement of the business community that culminated to the passing of 1964 Civil Rights Act. There are stories and activities that would make you want to cry and others that would make you laugh as our country continues to heal together.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: 16th Street Baptist Church, 16th St & 6th Ave, Birmingham, AL
The beloved church that was bombed during the segregation era killing four little girls. We will explore the history of that era and examine the role of the church in the Civil Rights Movement.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Kelly Ingram Park, 5th Ave N at 16th St, Birmingham, AL
We provide a guided walk through the city park that was the epic center for protest and riots for equal rights. Our guides provide a storytelling time that's interactive for all to experience.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: 4th Avenue Business District, 1721 4th Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35203-5000
Travelers will see the attractions that made the business district a thriving business community before and during the Jim Crow era. Some of the current attractions of the Mosaic Temple, the Jazz Hall of Fame, the Eddie Hendrix park and many more. The tour will revile the importance of the role of business communities in social change.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - 16th Street Baptist Church
- Entry/Admission - 4th Avenue Business District
2 to 3 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Freedom Line Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.