Explore the wilderness of Kananaskis Country, just Southeaset of Banff National Park, a little known gem in the Canadian Rockies. During this private hike, enjoy the history of the mountain parks, it's geology, geography, flora and fauna. Looking for something off the beaten path? This is it. Specific hikes vary depending on weather, wildlife and seasons.
About This Deal
DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
Meet and greet your group at a local visitor information centre at 8am. Complete waivers and medical forms and then convoy to the trailhead. After a brief trailhead talk about bear awareness, a few hours of hiking lend itself to an amazing lunch spot in the wild.
Enjoy limestone mountain vistas, local wildlife, animal sign, local plants, the geology, history and ecology of this wild area. Each hike is about 7 hours from the trailhead return, and includes a lunch and educational or interpretive component. Transportation is not included but a drive out to this special place is well worth the visit. Don't forget your camera!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please come prepared with a day pack, hiking shoes, 1.5 liters of water per person, snacks and clothing for mountain weather.
- It can snow any day of the year in the mountains!
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guests are required to sign a declaration of health and exposure attesting to good health, not having been exposed to anyone who is sick, and that they are following provincial travel recommendations. Guests bring a mask, hand sanitizer and eye protection in the event protocols can't be followed.
- Local guide
- Transportation to/from trailhead
Kananaskis Trail, Alberta T0L 2H0, Canada
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Freeheelin' Adventures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.