What You'll Get
This 3-hour cruise features the incredible Witless Bay Ecological Reserve and its surrounding waters. The reserve is home to over 2.5 million seabirds and one of the largest populations of whales in the North Atlantic.
The itinerary is set by you! You can spend all three hours with the whales or more time exploring the coastline with the puffins – it’s your call. Your naturalist is on-board to guide you through this very special journey.
Your 3-hour experience includes a relaxing lunch stop in a secluded cove of a nearby abandoned fishing village. Relax and unwind as the sounds of the waves lapping on the shore and the crash of the nearby waterfalls create an unforgettable lunch backdrop. A picnic lunch is provided, complete with a selection of beverages (including complimentary wine and local micro brewed beer).
This is a private tour for you and up to 5 of your closest family or friends. Each tour is an exclusive experience. You choose your traveling companions. This experience is not available for children under the age of 5.
The "Picnic with the Whales" tour is offered only during the peak of the whale watch season to provide you with the best possible experience. Only minutes from downtown St. John’s, this tour takes you a world away! The cruise departs from the private dock in Bay Bulls, only 25 minutes from downtown St. John's. Free parking is available on site and a convenient shuttle service is available from major hotels and B&B's in St. John's.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- This experience is not available for children under the age of 5 years old.
- Due to local weather & sea conditions, guests are advised to contact the reservation office at least 24 hour prior to departure to receive departure status update
- Youth must be accompanied by an adult
- Participants are advised to regard all instruction provided by the vessel crew.
- Depending on vessel movement / sea conditions, passengers may be advised by the crew to refrain from standing or to remain seated during certain portions of the cruise.
- Passengers are asked to refrain from standing on benches / seating and or climbing railing.
- All tours hosted by an experienced, local guide
- All safety equipment is provided as per requirements set forth by Transport Canada Marine Safety
- Passengers are provided a per-departure safety briefing including identification of safety equipment and demonstration of life saving equipment where applicable
- Free parking available on site
- Vessel is washroom equipped
- Shuttle service from St. John's hotels available - additional charges apply. Must be booked in advance.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Picnic lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off not included. Shuttle service from St. John's hotels available for an additional fee. Must be booked in advance.
Gatherall's Puffin & Whale Watch dock
9am and 1pm
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Gatherall's Puffin and Whale Watch in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes. DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
The Fine Print
DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY. ALL SALES FINAL. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply. See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.