Cruise to the incredible Witless Bay Ecological Reserve for your chance to watch puffins, whales, and icebergs. Wildlife attractions vary with the time of year. Puffins nest May through to mid-September. Peak whale season is from mid-June through mid-August. Whale sightings before and after peak period are a bonus. Icebergs typically appear May to mid-June. Whales and or icebergs cannot be guaranteed on any given cruise.
Enjoy entertaining and educational live commentary provided by on board naturalists and crew. Learn about Newfoundland's marine wildlife and heritage from your enthusiastic, knowledgeable, professional guides during this awesome adventure (minimum 90 minutes). Our catamaran offers the most space for your comfort and provides the greatest range to increase your chance of finding whales.
About This Deal
DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
Explore the incredible Witless Bay Ecological Reserve, home to over 2.5 million seabirds and one of the largest populations of whales in the North Atlantic (sightings vary by season).
The Reserve is located at the end of Iceberg Alley. Icebergs pass along the coast each spring and summer, while on their journey from Greenland. You'll travel aboard a stable catamaran with a comfortable viewing platform for your wildlife experience.
The tour includes stops along the sheltered areas of the islands that comprise the Witless Bay Ecological Reserve. The areas visited offer great opportunities to view and photograph the nesting sites and activities of several seabird species.
Whale watching is big part of the adventure with the peak season for encounters typically mid-June through mid-August annually. We make all reasonable efforts to provide you with an opportunity to encounter whales in their natural environment, the level of activity and interaction is entirely at the discretion of the whales.
Each cruise is narrated by an experienced, professional crewmember providing commentary, with a mix of information about the natural and cultural heritage of the area.
• Gatherall's Puffin and Whale Watch, 90 Northside Rd Box 281, Bay Bulls, Newfoundland and Labrador A0A 1C0 Canada
• Bay Bulls (Bull Head), Bay Bulls, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada
• Witless Bay ecological reserve, Harbour Rd, Witless Bay, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Participants are advised to regard all instruction provided by the vessel crew
- Direction/guidance is provided to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all passengers
- Depending on vessel movement/sea conditions, passengers may be advised by the crew to refrain from standing or to remain seated during certain portions of the cruise
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Whales and or icebergs cannot be guaranteed on any given cruise.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Current COVID19 information is provided on our web site and is updated as local guidelines are amended.
- All tours hosted by an experienced, local guide
- All safety equipment is provided as per requirements set forth by Transport Canada Marine Safety
- Passengers are provided a pre-departure safety briefing
- Free parking available on site
- Vessel is washroom equipped
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
1 hour 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Gatheralls Puffin and Whale Watch in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.