Time seems to have stood still in the beautiful hacienda of Sotuta de Peon. One feels like one has been transported back to the 19th century when the fibre henequen was cultivated right across the yucatan and sold all over the world. From the moment of your arrival you feel as though you are inside a real live functioning hacienda. The architecture has been conserved as has the steam-powered chimney, the storage room for the henequen and a Deauville railway network where the small carts of hennequen were pulled along by mules. It´s one of the few haciendas in Yucatan where hennequen is still produced.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hacienda Sotuta de Peon, Municipio de Tecoh Yucatan, Merida 97822 Mexico
Hotel pickup instructions
08:15 Hrs at Starbucks Gran Plaza.
08:30 Hrs At Starbucks Paseo Montejo.
08:40 Hrs Office Sotuta de peón (Street 55 Between 58 and 60, downtown).
- 08:40 hrs: Departure from Merida.
- 10:00 hrs: Arrival at the Hacienda Sotuta de Peón.
- Visit Main House: Historical setting of haciendas and landowners.
- Welcome cocktail: natural drink, without alcohol.
- Manual capture: the process of making ropes by hand.
- Visit scraper: extraction of henequen fiber.
- Visit the Press: Process of making bales from Henequen.
- Visit Corchería: the process for the production of ropes for machines.
- Truck ride: a tour of the plantations on platforms pulled by mules.
- Visit Casa Maya: Explanation of the fieldwork by Don Antonio.
- Cenote: time to swim in the cenote "Dzul Ha" (1 hour) (Bring swimsuit).
- Return to Merida City 15:00 hrs approx.
Duration: 4 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant meals not included
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Take a comfortable clothes, towell and Swimwear
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Driver/Professional guide
- Pick up at the places Starbucks Gran Plaza 08:15 Hrs, Starbucks Paseo Montejo 08:30 hrs, and Sotuta de Peón Office (Street. 55 between 60 and 58. dowtowm) 08:40 hrs
- Entry/Admission - Hacienda Sotuta de Peon
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
1: Starbucks, Paseo de Montejo 465, Zona Paseo Montejo, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
2: Starbucks, Calle 50 460, Gonzalo Guerrero, 97115 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Go Tour in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.