What You'll Get
This custom narrated tour guided by GPS is the only tour of its kind in the nation. It takes you on an unforgettable journey around this beautiful city. The directions are clear, concise and informative, providing a unique experience for tourists and locals alike.
Exploring San Francisco is easy and fun with GoCar. you can choose to follow the designated route, or make up your own tour of the city. There are well over 50 historical points and landmarks along the guided tour including:
- Crissy Field
- Golden Gate Bridge and Fort Point
- Presidio with Ocean View
- Ocean Beach
- Golden Gate Park and Stowe Lake
- Inspiration Point
- Drive through Presidio
- Palace of Fine Arts
- Lombard Street
Price is per person, based on 2 passengers per car.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- GoCar’s hold a maximum of 2 people. Prices are per GoCar - not per person.
- Pickup location must be chosen at time of booking. This is the location where your GoCar will be reserved
- Driver must be 21 years or older to rent and must provide a major credit card and valid driver’s license at the
time of check-in. A driver’s license must be in the customer’s physical possession (no photocopy). For foreign customer’s, an international license is not necessary.
- Passengers must be 4 years of age or older - and small children must safely fit into one of our DOT approved
helmets. The GoCar is registered as a motorcycle - but a motorcycle license is not required to operate the vehicle.
- All renters must be able to read, understand and sign a liability release and waiver form (standard participant agreement)
- On the day of rental, a $500 security deposit will be held on the customer’s credit card. If a CDW or SLI
insurance plan is selected, a $150 security deposit will be held. The security deposit is released when the
GoCar is returned.
- Foreign language options are available in French, Spanish, Italian and German
- For the safety and comfort of passengers the maximum height is 6'4" (1.9m) and maximum combined weight of 500 lbs (226.8 kg) for two passengers
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Can you stop along the way?
Yes, you set your own pace. The car always knows where you are and you can park anywhere you want (motorcycle parking or car parking) for as long as you want, and as soon as you start to drive again, the car will begin to talk!
Do you have to stay on the tour?
Absolutely not! If there is a San Francisco sight you wish to see but is not yet included on the tour, just use the map provided to navigate your own way through the city streets. You can even put a CD in the stereo and enjoy music along the way!
Are controlled with a motorcycle-style handle, throttle, and hand brakes. The 3-wheeled cars seat two and have a lockable trunk for your things. Their small size makes parking a breeze, and in San Francisco - a major bonus!
How fast does the car go?
Up to 35-mph. Note that drivers in San Francisco do not typically drive fast, therefore an average speed of 30-mph or less can be expected while driving.
Can you cross the Golden Gate Bridge?
No, but the tour will navigate you to Fort Point. Here the bridge soars about 200-feet above your head. It is possible to gain pedestrian access to the bridge span from the car park at the bridge vantage point.
What is a CDW?
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) is an optional form of insurance similar to rental car insurance that limits your liability in case of accident. It is non-refundable. If you opt to purchase the CDW your deposit for rented a GoCar is only USD$150.00 instead of USD$400.00
- Rental of GPS touring car
- Rider orientation
- Tank of gas
- 8.75% environmental fee for carbon offset, gasoline and tire recycling
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW), approximately $19
Tour departs from Union Square (or Fisherman's Wharf upon request)
Pickups between 9am - 5:30pm
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the GoCar Rentals, Inc. in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.