Your Golf Somm experience is a Sommelier-led Golf and Wine tour that begins with 18 holes of golf at Chardonnay Golf Club in American Canyon, CA, "the gateway to Napa Valley." As we play a round that winds through the vineyards we will taste a curated progression of local Napa Valley wines. After golf we enjoy a relaxed coursed lunch in the Vineyard Room or Terrace and explore the secrets of blind tasting as done by Master Sommeliers around the world.
What You'll Get
The tour begins in the morning with the earliest tee time, usually around 8am. Greens fee, cart, private members practice range are included in the tour fee. Balls, shoes, and apparel are not included in the tour fee. Clubs can be rented from the pro shop at a discounted rate and are not included in the tour fee.
The tour will begin 30 mins before the tee time to allow ample time to warm up pre-round.
On the course, we will talk all things wine, golf, and vineyards. We will taste local wines while playing through the vineyards of Pinot Noir, Cabernet, and Chardonnay.
After the round, we will be greeted by a glass of local sparkling wine as we sit on the terrace or in the dining room for a relaxed coursed lunch. During lunch, we will learn how to "blind taste" a wine and learn some of the language used by Master Sommeliers around the world to discuss and evaluate wines.
The golf club request proper golf attire, i.e. no jeans, cutoffs, tank tops, open toed shoes, or otherwise inappropriate golf attire. Please inquire if you have specific questions.
Transportation to and from the course will not be provided. The course is wonderfully accessible from all Napa Valley locations and even San Francisco.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 21 years
- Dress code is proper golf course attire (no ripped clothing, jeans, cutoffs, open-toed shoes, tank tops)
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of (2) two people per booking is required
- A maximum of (7) seven people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Weather is typically ideal for this tour, however, wind, fog, clouds, rain or other weather events may occur and will not cancel the tour unless weather is severe and golf course closes
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- INCLUDED: Tee time, cart, practice facility, on-course wine, glass of sparkling wine at lunch, coursed-lunch, blind tasting wine. Gratuity to the restaurant staff is included.
- Alcoholic Beverages
- NOT INCLUDED: Balls, apparel, shoes, mens/womens golf clubs (available to rent at discount), on-course beverages other than those provided as part of tour, beverages or food otherwise not included in itinerary. Gratuities to the Cart Staff and Tour Operator are not included but appreciated.
- Transportation to/from tour location not included
Chardonnay Golf Course
The departure time is typically 7am-730am depending on availability at the club. May be later depending on availability and level of business at the golf club. Regardless of starting time, the tour should be the same 5-6 hours.
5 to 6 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Golf Somm in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.