While Elvis Presley became the biggest name in music history and achieved worldwide fame and fortune, his roots in the Northeast Mississippi city of Tupelo were humble. Guests will experience the rural setting of Elvis’ upbringing and see where it all began in the two-room house where the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll was born on January 8, 1935, the church he attended in his youth, and see artifacts from his modest beginnings. Sit back and relax on a luxury motorcoach for this narrated 8-hour excursion departing every Friday from The Guest House at Graceland in Memphis to Tupelo, Mississippi.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Graceland, 3717 Elvis Presley Blvd., Memphis, TN 38116
Elvis Presley's Graceland now offers expertly-guided, luxury motorcoach tours of major music landmarks and museums as the ideal complement to the Graceland tour experience in Memphis, Tennessee. The luxury coach ride to and from each destination will be a big part of the experience. Graceland tour guides take guests on a fun musical journey, celebrating the music that influenced Elvis Presley, the greatest entertainer of all time.
Stop At: Elvis Presley Birthplace & Museum, 306 Elvis Presley Dr, Tupelo, MS 38804-2812
Designated as an historic landmark by the State of Mississippi, Elvis' birthplace, a house built by his father for $180, draws visitors from all over the world and is part of the 15-acre Elvis Presley Park. In addition to the Birthplace, you'll also tour the Elvis Presley Museum, Elvis' childhood church, the "Walk of Life" trail tracing Elvis' career and personal life and see the "Elvis at 13" statue, the Elvis Story Wall and Fountain of Life, representing the 13 years that Elvis lived in Tupelo before moving to Memphis with his family.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tupelo Hardware Company, 114 W Main St Main & Front Streets, Tupelo, MS 38804-3916
Stop by the hardware store where Elvis' mother Gladys purchased his first guitar and put music in the hands of the boy who grew to become a musical legend.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Statue of Elvis, Beale St (at Main Street), Memphis, TN 38103
Driving Tour of Tupelo: Drive past some significant landmarks including The Tupelo Fairgrounds, the Elvis Homecoming Statue and schools that Elvis attended.
Pass By: Elvis Presley Center, 306 Elvis Presley Dr, Tupelo, MS 38804-2812
The Center contains Elvis' birthplace home, a small museum and a memorial chapel, all open for tours.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Tours depart and conclude at The Guest House at Graceland in Memphis
- Children under 5 years old are not permitted
- Wheelchair lift is available for use on motorcoach - please call us in advance so that we may accommodate you on your date of travel.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Luxury Motorcoach Transportation
- Guided tour through the "Walk of Life" Trail tracing Elvis' career and personal life and see the "Elvis at 13" statue, the Elvis Story Wall and Fountain of Life
- Narrated Driving Tour of downtown Tupelo featuring significant landmarks including The Tupelo Fairgrounds, the Elvis Homecoming Statue and schools that Elvis attended
- Boxed Lunch with sandwich, bottled water, potato chips and a cookie
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Elvis Presley Birthplace & Museum
Guest House at Graceland, 3600 Elvis Presley Blvd, Memphis, TN 38116, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Graceland (Elvis Presleys) in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.