See a variety of wildlife on a swamp boat ride and explore an authentic southern plantation on this tour from New Orleans. See alligators, egrets, raccoons and snakes during your ride around a private Louisiana swamp after taking a tour of Destrehan Plantation, the oldest documented French Colonial style house in the Lower Mississippi Valley.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Destrehan Plantation, 13034 River Rd, Destrehan, LA 70047-5202
Your tour will begin with a tour with a 1.5-hour visit to Destrehan Plantation, where you will learn the history of the Destrehan family sugar dynasty, see a Slave Revolt Museum that dates back to 1811, and admire the architecture of a French Colonial style plantation.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Cajun Pride Swamp Tours, 110 Frenier Rd, Laplace, LA 70068, USA
This privately owned wildlife refuge ensures that you won’t encounter any other boats during your peaceful journey into the swamp. Local Cajun captains share personal tales of their own swamp explorations and fascinating information on the plants and wildlife you'll encounter. The primitive beauty of moss draped cypress tress and abundant wildlife guarantees some amazing pictures!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Lake Pontchartrain, New Orleans, LA
Although called a lake, this is actually a large lagoon and brackish estuary fed by fresh water rivers and connected to the Gulf of Mexico. Covering 630 square miles (1600 km2) it is one of the largest wetlands in North America.
Pass By: I-10 Bonnet Carré Spillway Bridge, St Rose, LA 70087, USA
View the spillway, a flood control operation in the Lower Mississippi west of New Orleans. The spillway, when open, allows floodwaters from the Mississippi River to flow into Lake Pontchartrain and thence into the Gulf of Mexico.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- In order to help protect the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point -- just a short stroll from most downtown hotels.
- Wheelchair Access: If the guest needs a wheelchair lift equipped bus, then special arrangements need to be made with the supplier. This must be arranged 48 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher.
- Alternate Routes: Due to uneven and narrow paths, alternate routes may be necessary for guests traveling in wheelchairs.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Local guide
- Narrated round-trip transportation
- Guided tour of plantation home
- Local Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Destrehan Plantation
- Entry/Admission - Cajun Pride Swamp Tours
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
5 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Gray Line New Orleans in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.