· September 15, 2017
· July 22, 2017
· June 27, 2017
What You'll Get
Your tour begins in the French Quarter, where you'll board a comfortable, air-conditioned coach and travel to the quieter and more genteel Garden District. This elegant historical area, known for its marvelous examples of Greek Revival and Italianate architecture and lovely gardens, was once the site of a number of plantations. Learn from your guide how in the 19th century it was sold off piece by piece primarily to wealthy Americans who built the lavish mansions that still dominate this district.
See mansions belonging to local author Anne Rice, actress Sandra Bullock, actor John Goodman, and former New Orleans Saints' quarterback — and father of Peyton and Eli — Archie Manning. Stop for an exclusive tour of a stately Garden District home built around the end of the American Civil War in 1865.
Admire an unusual cast-iron fence resembling a row of cornstalks and learn the legend of how a southern colonel had it made in the mid-1800s to comfort his homesick Iowan wife. You'll also see where Confederate leader Jefferson died at age 81 and stop to walk around Lafayette Cemetery, one of New Orleans' many above-ground cemeteries. Hear about how the high water table and frequent flooding in the city helped drive the creation of these 'cities of the dead' as you capture photos of the elaborate tombs and statuary.
Enjoy light refreshments at Magazine PoBoy Shop before heading back to the French Quarter by coach at the end of your 2.5-hour Garden District tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Cemetery closed on some holidays, Saturday afternoons and Sundays
- In order to help protect the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point — just a short stroll from most downtown hotels
- Tour vehicles are equipped for wheelchair storage. If wheelchairs collapse and fold, they can be placed in the storage compartment on the bus. If the wheelchair is a scooter, then special arrangements need to be made with the supplier for a handicap-accessible bus. This must be arranged 48 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher
- The audio system may not be used during inclement weather
- Child rates apply to those under the age of 6 who occupy a seat. Lap children under 6 years ride for free
- Transport to and from the Garden District by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Light refreshments
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Tour departs from the French Quarter
2 hours 45 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Gray Line New Orleans in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
ALL SALES FINAL. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply. See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.