Enjoy the flexibility of combining the Swamp and Bayou Tour and the Oak Alley Plantation Tour and SAVE! Travel across the Mississippi by coach for a boat trip deep into the Louisiana bayou and experience a bygone era at At Oak Alley Plantation.
ONE DAY OPTION: 8:45am-6pm
At checkout, select the 8:45am Swamp and Bayou Tour and then fill in the Oak Alley Plantation Tour @ 1pm in the special requirements box
TWO OR MORE DAY OPTION:
Tours can be taken on different days. At checkout, select the date of your Swamp and Bayou Tour and then fill in the date you want to take the Oak Alley Plantation Tour in the special requirements box.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Oak Alley Plantation, 3645 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-7079
Oak Alley Plantation Tour: Feel the gentle breeze of Southern hospitality on a tour that takes you back to the glory of the Old South! Marvel at the unbelievable quarter-mile long alley of 28 oak trees, each over 250 years old. Perhaps the most photographed plantation ever, Oak Alley, built in 1839 has been the setting for such motion pictures as "Interview with a Vampire", "Primary Colors" and the daytime soap opera, "Days of our Lives".
Your guided tour will reveal the fascinating stories of the home and its history. View the majestic cypress trees in Louisiana's swamps bordering the Mississippi River. You can purchase a snack in the cafe and ice cream parlor to enjoy at the picnic tables (not included). Tour is approximately 4.5 hours.
Important Note: Tours must be taken on different days. At checkout, select the date of your Swamp and Bayou Tour and then fill in the date you want to take the Oak Alley Plantation Tour in the special requirements box.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: St. Joseph Plantation, 3535 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-7073
Historic plantation, circa 1830, that remains a family owned working sugar plantation today along with sister property Felicity Plantation, circa 1846.
Pass By: Laura Plantation: Louisiana's Creole Heritage Site, 2247 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-5409
A Creole sugar plantation complex and homestead, circa 1805.
Pass By: Barataria Preserve, Marrero, LA
En route to the swamp, you will travel through the Barataria Preserve, part of the Jean Lafitte National Park & Preserve system. The preserve offers a taste of Louisiana's wild wetlands, protecting 23,000 acres of bayous, swamps, marshes and forests.
Stop At: Adventures of Jean Lafitte, 5145 Fleming Park Rd, Lafitte, LA 70067, USA
Experience the timeless beauty of South Louisiana in a custom built swamp boat. Native guides will reveal the mysteries of the swamps and bayous and the Cajun “joie de vivre.” Discover how the seafood from our bountiful waters provides a wide assortment of delectable local dishes! Observe the nesting grounds of alligators, egrets, raccoons, nutria, and many species of snakes. Some wildlife are more numerous during the warmer months of the year. Learn why our wetlands are disappearing due to coastal erosion and man’s efforts to correct the damage it has done and restore this vital habitat.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- In order to help preserve the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point - just a short stroll from most downtown hotels
- Tour vehicles are equipped for wheelchair storage. If wheelchairs collapse and fold, they can be placed in the storage compartment on the bus. If the wheelchair is a scooter, then special arrangements need to be made with the supplier for a handicap-accessible bus. This must be arranged 48 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher
- Wheelchair bus must be requested at time of reservation. 48 hour notice is required.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Local guide
- Narrated boat cruise
- Guided tour of plantation home
- Local Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Oak Alley Plantation
- Entry/Admission - Adventures of Jean Lafitte
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Gray Line New Orleans in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.