· March 15, 2018
· February 23, 2018
· October 22, 2017
What You'll Get
Travel by air-conditioned coach from central New Orleans to the nearby fishing village of Jean Lafitte, named after an 18th-century smuggler. Home to a variety of diverse cultures, this area surrounded by Lousiana bayous has been the site of extensive logging operations, sugar and rice plantations and animal trapping enterprises over the years. Today, the people's simple way of life is a marked contrast to the hustle-bustle of New Orleans.
In Jean Lafitte, you can get some snacks (own expense) and check out an albino alligator exhibit before boarding your airboat, a vessel that relies on an aircraft-type propeller mounted on its back to move it forward. Feel the wind in your hair as your move swiftly over the wetlands.
Your native boat captain will talk about the history and culture of the area and point out wildlife as you travel. See lots of alligators lurking in the marshes, as well as local birds, raccoons and nutria -- giant river rodents that call the bayous home.
Conclude your 4-hour family-friendly escape to the Louisiana wetlands with coach transport back to central New Orleans.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In this event, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- In case of inclement weather, the tour may be shortened, postponed or replaced with a similar tour on a covered boat
- Pregnant women not permitted on airboats
- Service animals are permitted. Please advise at time of booking to arrange accommodations
- Minimum age is 5 years
- A maximum of 9 people per booking
- Dress code is smart casual: Sunglasses are recommended. Please note that you are on an air-boat and may get wet.
- 1.5-hour airboat ride
- Native guide
- Albino alligator exhibit
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Gray Line New Orleans in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
ALL SALES FINAL. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply. See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.