Come and enjoy the real Florida... Get up-close with the gentle manatee and see the beauty of Crystal River as you explore the Homosassa State Wildlife Park.
The tour heads up to Crystal River is where you can snorkel - swim in the rivers where wild manatees live. It's an early morning departure, so bring breakfast snacks to eat during the journey.
Following a safety briefing and collecting your mask, snorkel & fins (wetsuits hire is $15 and required for swimmers) you board the boat. You do not have to swim or snorkel, you can opt enjoy the boat ride looking for nature alone should you prefer.
When manatees are spotted you can get into the river should you wish, get some great photos.
In the afternoon explore Homosassa State Park. The park is home of many species of native wildlife that have been rescued. You are there at lunchtime, so you can opt to purchase it from the park cafe, or bring yourself a picnic if you prefer. A True Florida Day Out!
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Crystal River National Wildlife Refuge, 1502 SE Kings Bay Dr, Crystal River, FL 34429-4661
The boat will drive into the wildlife refuge where you will hope to see wild manatees on the river. You will be on the boat at least 90 mins.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Homosassa River, 10200 W Halls River Rd, Homosassa, FL 34448-3411
We will visit the State Park at Homosassa. You will walk around the State Park and see the animals and view the manatees in the underwater viewing chamber at this hospital facility for injured manatees. There is also a cafe at the park so you could purchase lunch here if you wish, or if you prefer to pack yourself a picnic they do have picnic tables you can use inside the park.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Crystal River, FL
Upon arrival at the picturesque Crystal River, you will enjoy a fabulous narrated boat tour. You will be provided masks, snorkels & fins, and encouraged to swim alongside these friendly creatures under the guidance of certified dive masters.
The manatees are endangered and have come to the Florida springs year-round to find shelter and food. In the winter months the manatee population can reach several hundred and during summer, the average count is 80. They are "gentle giants" and have no teeth.
After your cruise, you head to Homosassa State Wildlife Park, famous throughout Florida for the rehabilitation of injured animals. It is here you’ll have the chance to see the current manatee residents at the park during an informative and entertaining feeding session with one of the park rangers. You’ll also see bears, panthers, alligators and even a hippo as you explore the rest of the park.
Roundtrip transport from the Orlando area and a knowledgeable driver-guide is also included.
Duration: 4 hours
- Infants must sit on laps
- A small amount of walking is involved at your leisure through the State Park
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Use of snorkel equipment, mask, snorkel and fins.
- River cruise to look for the manatees
- Admission into Homosassa State Park
- Entry/Admission - Crystal River National Wildlife Refuge
- Entry/Admission - Crystal River
- Entry/Admission - Homosassa River
- Wetsuits must be hired - Mandatory $15 fee
- Lunch - Bring you breakfast with you to enjoy on the transport vehicle! At lunch time we are in the state park, so either bring a picnic with you or purchase lunch from the park cafe. Eat what you like best.
1: Charley's Steak House, 2901 Parkway Blvd Suite 1A, Kissimmee, FL 34747, USA
2: Avanti Palms Resort and Conference Center, 6515 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819, USA
3: The Wheel at ICON Park, Orlando, FL 32819, USA
4: Golden Corral Buffet & Grill, 8707 Vineland Ave, Orlando, FL 32821, USA
5: Walt Disney World Swan, 1200 Epcot Resorts Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830, USA
6: Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando, 6300 Hollywood Way, Orlando, FL 32819, USA
8 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Gray Line of Orlando in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts. Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings