Visit Alaska’s largest road accessible glacier and explore blue glacial ice on this wonderful full day tour.
What You'll Get
The Matanuska Glacier is one of Alaska's premiere destinations. At 27 miles long and 4 miles wide it is Alaska's largest glacier accessible by road. It also is boasts one of the most accessible areas to walk on of any glacier in Alaska. Marvel at ice that formed 10,000 years ago high in the Chugach Mountains. Your day will start with a magnificent scenic drive along the Glenn Highway with stunning mountain vistas and plenty of time for photo stops. Next we will drive to the toe of the glacier to dawn our ice cleats and helmets to and begin exploring the glacier by foot. Each day is unique due to the dynamic nature of the glacier. We generally spend two hours and walk three miles on the ice. Finally, we will stop for lunch at a local eatery with stunning views of the glacier. This is a once in a lifetime bucket list opportunity to explore glacial ice!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- What to Bring:
- Warm Layered Clothing
- Camera or Cell Phone Camera
- Warm Hat and Gloves
- We require that participants wear sturdy, stiff-soled footwear while on this tour
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Round Trip Transportation from Anchorage
- Hotel Pick Up
- Services of Professional Local Glacier Guide
- Glacier Travel Equipment-Ice Cleats, Safety Helmets
- Bottled water
Please Specify Pickup Location
Please Specify Drop-Off Location.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Greatland Adventures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.