What You'll Get
The Ground Zero Museum Workshop in the Meat-Packing District on West 14th Street features stunning images, rare video and remnants from the Ground Zero Recovery Period, all packed into an intimate and emotional space. On display are 100 of Gary Marlon Suson's most well-known images, including the charred Genesis 11: Tower of Babylon Bible Page found in the WTC rubble, the Frozen Clock stuck at 10:02am, marking the collapse of the South Tower and several FDNY Honor Guard images. The actual clock itself is also on display in the museum.
The only all-access, sanctioned photographer at Ground Zero, Suson's one-of-a-kind, 3-D photo installations place viewers into the "hole" at Ground Zero. Visitors are also allowed the rare opportunity to pick up and hold World Trade Center steel and window glass. The Non-Profit Museum, a must-see before visiting Ground Zero, also benefits numerous 9/11 and Fire Department-related charities and is endorsed by many noted firefighters and 9/11 families. Tours are limited to just 25 people, and include a powerful 15-minute video.
The Ground Zero Museum is about 5-minutes from Ground Zero via the "E" train. Daily tours last about 90 minutes and include the intimate stories behind 100 images and remnants. This is a "don't-miss" museum that touches the heart of young and old alike. No graphic or morbid images are displayed and the museum is known for its sensitivity to a very tough subject matter. Suitable for children.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Cameras are allowed but no videotaping, no cell phones, food or drink allowed on tours
- Due to security and space concerns, all backpacks and large bags must be stored at the front of the museum during the tour. There are no exceptions. Failure to comply will result in forfeiture of the tour
- This does NOT include admission to the National 9/11 Memorial and Museum. The Ground Zero Museum Workshop was established in 2005 and has been active part in remembrance and education of the September 11 tragedy
- Self-guided audio tour
- Walk-through of 9/11 artifacts with museum guide
- Portion of proceeds benefit FDNY and 9/11 charities
- Entry/Admission - Ground Zero Museum Workshop
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
1 hour 30 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Ground Zero Museum Workshop in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.