This 17 mile stretch of river of meanders though the California foothills with exciting rapids, including the world famous Tunnel Chute. It’s no wonder why this stretch of river is considered one of the best in the west.
About This Deal
The Middle Fork of the American River is the one of the best summertime Class IV whitewater rafting trip in California. This trip meets at 8:15 AM in Auburn. A 45 minute van ride dead ends at Oxbow Reservoir where gear is distributed and the stoke begins. H2O hits your face early with Good Morning rapid. A warmup is immediately needed as the infamous Tunnel Chute rapid is just over a mile downstream. After five miles of good class 3/4 whitewater, the river settles down and provides opportunities for rock jumping, surfing, and ‘riding the bull’ as we float through the canyon towards a riverside lunch stop.
Following lunch the river complies with our need to digest and remains calm for a few more miles until arriving at Chunder Pond. From here the river changes drastically with rapids such as Chunder Falls, Parallel Parking, and Ski Jump bringing your adrenaline to a high again. A mandatory walk around Ruck-A-Chucky falls allows for a chance to watch your guides run their raft down a commercial class 6 waterfall. Your trip concludes at the old Greenwood Bridge site. Guests are returned to their vehicles around 4:00 PM.
• Middle Fork American River, California
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Bottled water
- All necessary safety gear as well as wetsuits and splash jackets if needed.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
Raley's, 13384 Lincoln Way, Auburn, CA 95603, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the H2O Adventures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.