Happy Tails Canine Adventure Tours will take you and your dog on a once-in-a lifetime adventure in the Southwest USA - the place that will take your breath away multiple times a day! See the highlights of the Southwest all in one amazing journey. From the view into the one-mile deep, 271-mile long Grand Canyon, to the Alice-In-Wonderland-like lunar landscape of Bryce Canyon to breathtaking Monument Valley, nothing is more memorable than eight days in the Southwest! Hiking, rafting, and jeep tours are just a few of the activities that you can enjoy with your dog! This is an experience that is guaranteed to leave everyone with a sense of wonder and more than a few deep thoughts of our amazing good fortune to be residents and caretakers of this amazing planet.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Hoover Dam Access Road, Boulder City, NV 89109
Travel past Hoover Dam before reaching Arizona.
Stop At: Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
This 1.2 million acre national park hosts a vast variety of wildlife and scenic wonders. Learn about the geology and history of the canyon while taking in its breathtaking beauty at all the best view points along the South Rim including Grand Canyon Village. The Colorado River is the main contributor in the creation of the vast canyon and can still be seen carving its way through the rock roughly a mile below. After time to visit many of the scenic points, check into the hotel just outside the park with the evening free on own.
Duration: 1 day
Stop At: Lake Powell, Page, AZ 86040
Arrive at Antelope Point Marina for an included lunch. After lunch, enjoy a wonderfully scenic short hike to Horseshoe Bend. This 1.5 mile round trip hike provides one of the most iconic views of the Colorado River as it winds through spectacular red rock canyons 1,000 feet below. Then stop at Glen Canyon Dam for a view of the lake and dam. (Pets are not allowed inside the visitors center, but outside is OK.) The evening is free to enjoy the view, wander along the beach and have dinner with new friends.
The next day, you and your companions are in for a real treat as you get out on the water for a Private Power Boat Tour on Lake Powell. The contrast of the red rock walls and emerald blue waters are a stunning sight as you glide through the canyons. Your captain will take you to view beautiful Antelope Canyon and other sights along the way, then take you to a nice sandy beach where you can get off the boat, have some fun play time in and out of the water and enjoy a picnic lunch. This is what Lake Powell is all about!
Duration: 1 day
Stop At: Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, US Highway 160 & US Hwy 163, Monument Valley, UT 84536
Immerse in the rich cultural heritage of the “Dineh” people. Their arts, music and livelihood are all closely tied to the dramatic desert landscape that is their home. Arrive at historic Goulding’s Lodge where you will meet your Navajo guide and board a 4-wheel drive vehicle for a scenic tour of Monument Valley, location of scores of famous western films, television programs and commercials. As we travel through the valley and visit famous locations such as John Ford Point, Artist Point and The Totem Pole, we will also learn more of the Navajo traditions and way of life. Then experience an evening of Navajo culture, food and entertainment at a Navajo Cookout.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Arches National Park, Moab, UT
Sightseeing the highest concentration of natural arches in the world with over 2,000 named arches within its 73,000-acre boundary. Visit all the park highlights including Park Avenue, Balance Rock, The Windows and Delicate Arch. (At Arches National Park, feel free to walk your pet on park roads for public vehicular use, established picnic areas, Devils Garden Campground or in parking lots, as long as you remember that they must be leashed at all times. Pets are not allowed on any hiking trails, nor in the visitor center.)
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Colorado Riverway Recreation Area, Route 128, Moab, UT
Take a Jet Boat Ride on the mighty Colorado River through spectacular red rock canyons. As the sun dips in the west, the canyon colors come to life while you learn about the river’s ecosystem, geology and history. After a thrilling ride, enjoy a delicious BBQ dinner served on the banks of the Colorado River.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Grandstaff Canyon Trail, Moab, UT
(Now Grandstaff Canyon) Go for an optional hike with your canine companion. This is one of the best trails to take your dog on. It’s an easy going trip that follows along a scenic canyon with a shallow river running through it. The Morning Glory Natural Bridge is at the end of the second canyon, and is the sixth-longest natural rock span in the United States. It also has impressive rock formations to look at along the way. Make sure you’re okay with getting your feet wet on this hike, as you and your dog might have to cross the river at multiple points.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Capitol Reef National Park, UT 84775
Have a wonderful picnic lunch under towering cottonwood trees.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bryce Canyon National Park, UT
Go for sightseeing and optional hiking along the Rim Trail. The hues and intricate shapes of Bryce Canyon carry even the most mature adult away into a fairyland fantasy. The Paiute Indians used a word to describe Bryce that translates into, “red rocks standing like men in a bowl-shaped canyon.” Mormon settler Ebenezer Bryce, for whom the canyon was named, described it as “a hell of a place to lose a cow.”
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: 1 Zion Park Blvd, Zion National Park, UT 84767-9402
An early Mormon settler described the park’s massive formations as “temples built by hands, not of man.” The Paiutes believed mischievous spirits lived among the 2,000-foot high towers and would not enter the canyon alone or remain there after dark. (Pets must be under physical control on a leash less than six feet long at all times. Properly restrained pets are allowed along public roads and parking areas, in the developed campgrounds and picnic areas, and on the grounds of the Zion Lodge.) There will be time for lunch on your own at Zion Lodge. Then you can enjoy a walk along the Pa’rus Trail, a dog friendly paved trail that follows the Virgin River through the canyon from Canyon Junction to the Visitor’s Center. A wonderful 3.5 mile walk round trip.
Duration: 8 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Participants should be in good health, able to climb stairs and walk reasonable distances, possibly over uneven ground or unpaved trails.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Entrance fees for Attractions, Activities, National Parks & Monuments as per itinerary
- Transportation by Motorcoach
- 8 nights accommodations including pet fees
- Services of a professional tour director & dog trainer
- 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 2 dinners
- Tips for included meals
- Luggage handling (1 suitcase per person, where available)
- Entry/Admission - Grand Canyon National Park
- Entry/Admission - Lake Powell
- Entry/Admission - Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park
- Entry/Admission - Arches National Park
- Entry/Admission - Colorado Riverway Recreation Area
- Entry/Admission - Grandstaff Canyon Trail
- Entry/Admission - Capitol Reef National Park
- Entry/Admission - Bryce Canyon National Park
- Entry/Admission - Zion National Park
- Meals (other than mentioned in the itinerary)
- Personal Items (i.e., room service, phone, snacks, liquor, etc.)
- Customary gratuities for the tour director, driver, local guides and outfitters
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Happy Tails Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.