Harlem Sightseeing and Apollo Theater Multimedia Walking Tour features all the wonderful cultural sights in Harlem such as the original location of the "Tree of Hope" conducted by lifelong Harlem resident who will tell you all the great stories. Walking to the locations where Harlem Apollo legends once lived and played learning the role entertainment played mixed in with social, artistic and political developments of periods like the Harlem Renaissance and Civil Rights Movement.
We will end at Apollo Theater receiving behind the scenes interpretation, visiting the old dressing rooms, ultimately staging on the historic stage in the same spot as Michael Jackson and James Brown, lets see if you have what it takes to be an Apollo Star.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, 515 Malcolm X Blvd Harlem, New York City, NY 10037-1801
Your Apollo Theater Multimedia Walking Tour starts at the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture.
Stop At: Harlem, 110th to 150th streets, New York City, NY
The Harlem walking tour portion will feature pictures, video and sound presented at sights where history happened, special attention will be paid to music history and Harlem legends launched to stardom from the world famous Apollo Theater stage.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Apollo Theater, 253 W 125th St, New York City, NY 10027-4408
You will end with a back-stage tour of Apollo Theater where we will host our very own mock “Amateur Night at the Apollo.” You will have the chance to go on the Apollo Theater stage and perform in the very spot where greats like Michael Jackson, James Brown, Ella Fitzgerald and many others started their careers – lets see if you have what it takes to be an Apollo star!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Local, professional guide
- Music and Video clips around the way during walking portion of Harlem Sightseeing and Apollo Theater Multimedia Walking Tour.
- Entry/Admission - Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture
- Entry/Admission - Apollo Theater
- Food and drinks
Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, 515 Malcolm X Blvd, New York, NY 10037, USA
Apollo Theater, 253 W 125th St, New York, NY 10027, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Harlem Heritage Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.