Walk through the historic Harlem streets engaging with sites associated with the civil rights, Black Power and Black Arts Movement of the 1960's and 1970's. Harlem born and raised tour guide will provide terrific narrative explaining the history, guide also equipped with portable video and speaker providing applicable footage along the way, this will bring the history to life.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Harlem, 110th to 150th streets, New York City, NY
Walk in the footsteps of iconic events and leaders of Harlem's civil rights movement. Over a 2 hour period you will visit churches, theaters, residences / homes associated with the 1960's and 1970's period in Harlem.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Apollo Theater, 253 W 125th St, New York City, NY 10027-4408
We enter the lobby area with born and raised Harlem tour guide who will explain the history of the Apollo Theater, guests will have great photo opportunity to take pics against murals of entertainments who started their careers at the Apollo Theater.
Duration: 10 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The Harlem Heritage Tourism and Cultural Center is just minutes from Mid-Manhattan via uptown express subway.
- Along the way Harlem tour guide will showcase many restaurants and art and cultural institutions you can visit in Harlem after the tour is complete.
- Guests welcome to store luggage and bags inside Harlem Heritage Tourism and Cultural Center while on tour.
- Video, music and still pictures will be presented via portable sound and video equipment.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Storage for luggage in our cultural center while you are on the tour.
- wifi internet services
- Entry/Admission - Apollo Theater
- Food and drinks
Harlem Heritage Tourism and Cultural Center, 104 Malcolm X Blvd, New York, NY 10026, USA
Apollo Theater, 253 W 125th St, New York, NY 10027, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Harlem Heritage Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.