It is an iconic scene often captured in film and photographs – beautifully dressed women with impressive hats in Harlem heading to church for Sunday worship. But, it’s more than fashion or a show, Harlem congregants consider church worship and church family an integral part of life and a source of weekly spiritual sustenance. Sunday Gospel in Harlem invites you to be a part of this custom by respectfully joining a local church family for an hour of worship including gospel.
What You'll Get
Learn history of neighborhood and houses of worship. Join local congregation for worship and gospel. See former residences of some of Harlem’s notable residents associated with the Harlem Renaissance.
You will be led by a licensed tour guide and Harlem resident. It is recommended to dress conservatively for traditional Sunday service
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No Backpacks allowed
- Recording devices and photographs are not allowed during church service
- Dress appropriately and conservatively for traditional Sunday service
- Late arrivals (more than 10 minutes) may not be allowed to join once group has left meeting point
- A contribution to the donation basket is welcomed and appreciated
- Tour is led by a licensed tour guide and Harlem resident
- Gratuities (optional, but appreciated)
- Contribution to the church’s offering plate. We suggest a minimum of $5 each
101 W 116th St, New York, NY 10026, USA
253 W 125th St, New York, NY 10027, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Harlem One Stop Inc. in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.