Travel through the remote and rugged landscape of Kau–home to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, black sand beaches and a private lava tube. Discover how the powerful forces of nature have shaped the people and landscape of this dynamic region, Hawaii’s largest land district. The perfect blend of nature and culture led by an expert Interpretive Guide, this tour reveals what it’s like to live on two active volcanoes.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Volcano National Park, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Island of Hawaii, HI
Explore the HVNP's highlights and "must see" spots including the Devastation Trail, the drastically changed Halemaumau Crater, and HVNP Visitors Center.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Richardson Beach Park, 2279 Kalanianaole Ave, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96720
Walk across a crystal-fine black sand beach as you search for basking sea turtles
Duration: 45 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Recommended to wear closed-toe shoes, wear or bring long pants, and a light jacket.
- Guests on this tour should not be physically challenged or unable to walk short distances of 1 mile on uneven terrain.
- Meals - Lunch is provided. Guests have a choice of Turkey, Ham, Tuna, Macadamia Nut Chicken, or Garden Fresh Vegetarian sandwiches; it is served with a side of potato chips & dessert. Beverages include water, juice, or sodas.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- National Park fees
- Hotel / Airport / Port pickup
- Hotel / Airport / Port drop off
- Use of daypacks, walking staffs, & raingear
- Access to private lava tube
- Entry/Admission - Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
Traveler pickup is offered
- Hilo Intl Airport, 2450 Kekuanaoa St, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96720
7 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Hawaii Forest and Trail in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.