Explore Waikiki on a glowing all-terrain self-balancing hoverboard at sunset time!
The 2-hour 15-minute fun and highly informative guided tour showcases the beauty, history, and unique culture of Hawaii. Wireless audio headsets connect to an expert guide for commentary and music along the entire ride. Large all-terrain tires provide added stability over sand, dirt trails, and uneven sidewalks.
Hoverboard up to the scenic oceanfront cliffs of Diamond head lookout while you discover little known secrets of Waikiki and take in the highlights of the area during the most magical time of day! Ride through palm tree groves, see a statue of a past Hawaiian Queen, hover under tropical rainbow shower trees, peek inside the War Memorial, and cruise the oceanfront boardwalk.
Included in this tour are free professionally edited souvenir digital photos, island food samples, coconut water, and audio headset use!
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hawaii Hoverboarding Tours, 151 Kapahulu Ave, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815-4011
Your hoverboarding adventure starts when you make your way to the front of the Honolulu Zoo in Waikiki and meet your local guide. After safety instructions and some practice, your hoverboard will become an extension of you to effortlessly explore the island on. Pop on your wireless one-ear audio receiver to learn from your guide about Hawaii's nature, history, and listen to nostalgic Hawaiian music as you hover from place to place.
Since you'll start at Historic Kapiolani Park, you'll first learn to recognize some of the most popular and beautiful island trees such as the blooming Rainbow Shower, fragrant Plumeria, and massive Indian Banyan Trees. We take in the impressive beach views while learning about ancient Hawaiian and modern surfing on Oahu, known as the 'birthplace of surfing'. Stop at a little known prior human sacrificial temple location and learn about Hawaii's ancient Gods, Kings, Queens, and priestly Kahuna. Listen to beautiful examples of uniquely Hawaiian instruments such as the slack key guitar and ukulele as we explore the bandstand, then take a profile pic worthy photo at Diamond Heads most photogenic location. Hear about the island's volcanic birth, and learn how the fire Goddess Pele created it all!
Hover to the neoclassical War Memorial and Natatorium, then glide over the sand along a palm tree-lined walkway to a local favorite beach Kaimana. Take in the charming historic cottages and multi-million dollar mansions in the Gold Coast while learning about the architecture and real estate development of Hawaii. You'll next climb up the oceanfront side of Diamond Head to marvel at the panoramic vistas, look for neighbor islands and whales in winter months, and point out hidden bunkers from Diamond Head's military history.
Heading back we stop to sample some local snacks, hover under 100-foot palm trees at a quiet beach park, listen to nostalgic tiki pop culture comedy songs, and ride through an Indian banyan that is over a century old. Try to guess Hawaii filmed movies and TV shows from their soundtracks on the way to take in the beach views while we glide towards the setting sun.
When the sun set's we light up our hoverboards and hover with oceanfront views of Waikiki. To soak up the island ambiance, we'll glide back along the promenade listening to famous Hawaiian music, even a song composed in 1874 by the very last Hawaiian Monarch, Queen Liliuokalani!
Duration: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- What to bring?
- Comfortable shoes. Flip flops ok, but since you'll stand a lot, sneakers are better.
- Sunglasses and weather appropriate clothes for evening cooling.
- Small water, if wanted (max size able to fit unit pouch is a 16.9oz/500ml bottle).
- Parent/ guardian to sign waiver if under 18 years old. (Must be at least 16).
- Small items (wallet, phone, camera, etc) that can fit in a small pouch on front of unit (not big enough for purse). No lockers at start so you'll need to carry anything you bring that won't fit in pouch. Pack light.
- Must be at least 16 years old per Hawaii law.
- Cannot be pregnant.
- Weigh between 100 lbs and 250 lbs.
- All participants must sign a liability release waiver. If a minor, guardian must sign.
- Must wear a provided helmet at all times.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- All-terrain glowing electric hoverboard use and training.
- Expert guide for small group tour.
- Wireless one ear audio system to connect to guide and music during tour.
- Some souvenir digital photos.
- Coconut or bottled water.
- Small island food samples.
- Helmet use. Contact us in advance for extra small or large requirements.
- Small pouch in front of hoverboard to hold small items (wallet, camera, phone, etc)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
2 hours 15 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Hawaii Hoverboarding Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.