Eye-level whale watching onboard our low-to-water small group adventure rafts! Native Hawaiian owned and voted TripAdvisors Traveler's Choice, Hawaii Ocean Rafting has been Maui’s original ocean rafting experience for more than 30 years. Our small group tours of 16 guests or less make for a fun, family style experience. Although whales are protected in Hawaii and we do not approach them closer than federal regulations, they often approach our small rafts for closer and eye level whale encounters.
Groupon Customer Reviews
About This Deal
2 Hour Small Group Adventure Whale Watch (Seasonal Dec-April)
Eye-level whale watching onboard our low-to-water small group adventure rafts! Hawaiian owned and voted TripAdvisors Traveler's Choice, we've been Maui’s original ocean rafting experience for more than 30 years. Our small group tours of 16 guests or less make for a fun, family style experience. Although whales are protected in Hawaii and we do not approach them closer than federal regulations, they sometimes approach our small rafts for those closer and eye level whale encounters. Your 2 hour tour includes searching for active whales and stopping to watch them, a full narration of whale and Maui facts by our marine naturalist, listening to whale songs on a hydrophone, water onboard and lots of photo ops! Whale encounters and closeness of whales vary based on the wild animal's chosen behavior. Time of day does not affect whale activity. The Humpback Whale returns to the warm Hawaiian waters every year during the winter months of December through April for their mating and calving.
* Whale encounters vary in their natural environment, the wild. No up close guarantee.
*NO pregnant persons or children under 3 years.
• Lahaina Harbor, 675 Wharf St, Lahaina, Maui, HI 96761-1296
• Hawaii Ocean Rafting, 675 Wharf St, Lahaina, Maui, HI 96761-1296
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No Infants
- Most travelers can participate
- No children under 3
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- If anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms, we will work with you to cancel/refund or reschedule your tour.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Marine Naturalist Narration
- Hydrophone to listen to whale songs
- Bottled water - We offer eco-friendly paper cups and purified water.
- Life jackets are provided for emergencies but are not required to be worn during the tour.
- Plan to get wet! This is a raft- ocean spray and light rain can occur during tour.
- BYOB ( Plastic or cans only)
- No Spray Sunscreen Permitted - Reef Safe Sunscreen Only
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Hawaii Ocean Rafting in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts. Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings