Learn to ride a wave in Oahu away from the Waikiki crowds! This private surf lesson takes place in the waves of Maunalua Bay, about 25 minutes away from the jam-packed beaches of Waikiki. The 2-hour lesson begins on land, and you are then transferred out to the surf, either by boat or by car. Spend the next hour with your personal instructor as you pop up and ride the waves, and even experienced surfers will learn some helpful new techniques.
About This Deal
With departure times throughout the day, it's easy to meet your surf instructor at the shop in Hawaii Kai, and get "sized up" for your surfboard and gear before heading out to the waves. When your group is ready, your instructor will give you a short lesson on how to pop up on the surf board, and you'll then be taken out to the surf break for the ocean portion of the lesson. Hop in the van for the short drive to the beach, where the instructor can help you out to the break or shuttle you out by boat.
Once in the water, your instructor will coach and guide you in learning or refining your surfing skills. The water portion of the lesson will be roughly 60 -75 minutes, and at the end of your lesson, you'll be transported back to the shop to view some photos from out in the waves.
Please note: You must be able to swim in order to take this class.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children can participate without an adult, but a parent or legal guardian must first sign waiver
- Ability to swim is mandatory
- The frequency of the waves, height of the waves, or any other aspect of wave/surf/water/weather/reef conditions cannot be guaranteed
- Rash guards and reef shoes are available in limited sizes, and you can also provide your own.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Use of surfboard
- Fuel surcharge
- Knowledgeable Local Instructor
- Free Parking
- Rash Guards and Reef Shoes available (limited sizes)
- Entry/Admission - Maunalua Bay Beach Park
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Taxes and Special Use Fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Oahu, Oahu, Hawaii
Private lessons are available during normal surf class times and other times as instructors are available 7 days a week.
Private lessons can also be given on other parts of the island; fuel/transportation charges may apply.
Private charters/lessons are available Monday - Saturday as instructors and boat are available
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Hawaiian Surf Adventures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.