What You'll Get
With departure times throughout the day, it's easy to meet your surf instructor at the shop in Hawaii Kai, and get "sized up" for your surfboard and gear before heading out to the waves. When your group is ready, your instructor will give you a short lesson on how to pop up on the surf board, and you'll then be taken out to the surf break for the ocean portion of the lesson. Hop in the van for the short drive to the beach, where the instructor can help you out to the break or shuttle you out by boat.
Once in the water, your instructor will coach and guide you in learning or refining your surfing skills. The water portion of the lesson will be roughly 60 -75 minutes, and at the end of your lesson, you'll be transported back to the shop to view some photos from out in the waves.
Please note: You must be able to swim in order to take this class.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children can participate without an adult, but a parent or legal guardian must first sign waiver
- Ability to swim is mandatory
- The frequency of the waves, height of the waves, or any other aspect of wave/surf/water/weather/reef conditions cannot be guaranteed
- Rash guards and reef shoes are available in limited sizes, and you can also provide your own.
- Use of surfboard
- Fuel surcharge
- Knowledgeable Local Instructor
- Free Parking
- Rash Guards and Reef Shoes available (limited sizes)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Taxes and Special Use Fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Private lessons are available during normal surf class times and other times as instructors are available 7 days a week.
Private lessons can also be given on other parts of the island; fuel/transportation charges may apply.
Private charters/lessons are available Monday - Saturday as instructors and boat are available
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Hawaiian Surf Adventures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.