This is the quintessential Alaska hiking experience. We'll take you up-up-up until we reach ridgeline and the best views you could ask for. Towering, 360 degree views of immaculate Alpine scenery. We'll explore the tundra, taking time to touch, taste, and feel the life that exists from above. If you are a fit hiker, and want a challenge along with everything you've read, you should pick this hike. Be sure to check out the pictures, and look at the tab "What To Expect" for a more detailed explanation of the itinerary.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chugach State Park, 18620 Seward Hwy, Anchorage, AK 99516, USA
This is the hike for individuals looking for a challenge with views galore. Depending on trail and weather conditions, and availability, we’ll take you to one of two of the Chugach State Park’s best ridgelines. Experience the thrill of climbing to an altitude that will give you 360-degree views of the Cook Inlet, glaciated valleys, and giant ridgelines that comprise the landscape. The alpine setting is immaculate and packed with tundra vegetation that you can touch, taste, and feel under the direction of our experienced guides.
During the tour, we have the opportunity to see moose, bear, dall sheep, mountain goats, plus a variety of small mammals like arctic squirrels and marmots. There are plenty of birds to gaze at like bald eagles, thrushes, chickadees, and jays. If you are feeling wary about your safety, don’t fret! All our guides are experienced in the back country and will educate you on animal safety before we set out.
At the halfway point we will enjoy lunch featuring local Alaskan berries, fruit, smoked salmon, and a variation on a classic: a sun butter & jelly sandwich. After that, we will head back while enjoying the sights and sounds which make Alaska so amazing. We will have you back in plenty of time to visit our great local restaurants, or even take a museum or brewery tour!
Experience Requirements: You should have a small amount of hiking experience before attempting this hike. At a minimum, you should be able to walk at least 8 miles on flat pavement, or 5 miles of uneven rolling terrain over the course of 4 hours. You should also be able to easily climb many flights of stairs over the duration of the hike. Many parts of trail are steep and hilly, placing additional stress on areas of the body not impacted by level terrain. Not recommended for those with cardiac or respiratory issues/illness. May be difficult for those with severe joint issues. If you have any dietary restrictions, please let us know and we will accommodate you with a different snack option.
Duration: 5 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Participation waiver signature required prior to departure.
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Day Packs, Trekking Poles
- Bottled water - Reusable bottles filled with water
- Coffee and/or Tea - Yerba Mate, and caffeinated/non-caffeinated options with thermos
- Snacks - Sun Butter & Jelly Sandwich, Fruit, Smoked Salmon
- No hotel, B&B, Air B&B, or other accommodation pickups. Must meet at designated meeting location.
737 W 5th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Hike Alaska in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.