This is quite-the-quintessential Alaska hiking experience. Experience the thrill of ascending to heights offering 360-degree views of the nearby Cook Inlet and interior Chugach mountains. Gaze at deep, glaciated, u-shaped valleys, and giant ridgelines defining the landscape. Imagine pristine, treeless, tundra loaded with vegetation that you can touch, taste, and feel. If you have never seen alpine before, prepare to be simply amazed.
• Trek one of Chugach State Park's finest ridgelines with a top-tier guide!
• Perfect for solo travelers and couples. Challenge and reward await!
• Enjoy breathtaking views of Anchorage and interior Chugach Mountains.
• Learn about Alaska's alpine forests & tundra environment from a naturalist.
• Opportunity for wildlife sightings including bear, sheep, marmot and birds!
• Provisions include a prepacked snack, courtesy of Kat’s Epic Trail Bites, and your choice of either reindeer sausage or a cheese-stick.
Can we count you in? Book now!
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chugach State Park, 18620 Seward Hwy, Anchorage, AK 99516, USA
We will visit either Rendezvous Mile High Ridgeline, two of the best ridgelines in the entire Chugach State Park. They feature both alpine scenes and 360 views of the Anchorage Bowl. We'll determine which location we visit based on weather and group ability the day of the hike.
Ridgeline trekking is an incredibly unique way to see the landscape. While the ascent can be tough, once you arrive at the top, it is truly remarkable. You can see forever! On a clear day, we can even see Mt. Denali hundreds of miles away! Plus, the terrain can be fairly flat, making the trekking a truly enjoyable experience. During the tour, we may see moose, bear, Dall sheep, mountain goats, and a variety of small mammals like arctic squirrels and marmots. There are also plenty of birds to gaze at like bald eagles, thrushes, chickadees, and jays. This is one of our favorite ways to hike Alaska and the Chugach State Park.
Transportation included in total time of tour:
(1 hour transportation & 4 hours hiking)
Duration: 4 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Experience Suggestions: You should have a small amount of hiking experience before attempting this hike, or, be in good physical condition. At a minimum, you should be able to walk at least 8 miles on flat pavement, or 5 miles of uneven rolling terrain over the course of 4 hours. You should also be able to easily climb many flights of stairs over the duration of the hike. Many parts of trail are steep and hilly, placing additional stress on areas of the body not impacted by level terrain. Not recommended for those with cardiac or respiratory issues/illness. May be difficult for those with severe joint issues.
- Participation waiver signature required prior to departure.
- If you have any dietary restrictions, please let us know and we will accommodate you with a different snack option.
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Day Packs, Trekking Poles
- Snacks - High-calorie trail bites & a Hunter Stick (Reindeer sausage) or cheesestick
- No hotel, B&B, Air B&B, or other accommodation pickups.
- Must meet at designated meeting location or provide own transportation to trailhead.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Go Hike Alaska in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.