So you want to climb one of these crazy mountains here in Anchorage, but don't know which one to pick? We got you covered. We'll take you up-up-up until we reach ridgeline, then we'll push for a summit with the Yerba Mate and summit ties in our pack (Don't worry we'll fill you in...) You're gauranteed some of the best views you could ask for around the Anchorage area. Towering, 360 degree views of immaculate Alpine scenery. We'll explore the tundra, taking time to touch, tasting, and feeling the life that exists from above. If you are a fit hiker, and want a challenge with everything you've read, you should pick this hike. Be sure to check out the pictures, and look at the tab "What To Expect" for a more detailed explanation of the itinerary.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chugach State Park, 18620 Seward Hwy, Anchorage, AK 99516, USA
This is the ultimate experience for those looking to conquer one of the great non-technical peaks in the Chugach Mountains. Both Rainbow Peak and Mt. Magnificent prove difficult even for the most advanced hikers, but the rewards are truly magnificent as the names suggest. We’ll take you to one of these marvels depending on trail and weather conditions. Be prepared, have confidence. We’ll help you achieve your goals!
During the climb, we have the opportunity to see moose, bear, dall sheep, mountain goats, plus a variety of small mammals like arctic squirrels and marmots. There are plenty of birds to gaze at like bald eagles, thrushes, chickadees, and jays. If you are feeling weary about your safety, don’t fret! All our guides are experienced in the back country and will educate you on animal safety before we set out.
Along the way we will enjoy lunch featuring Alaskan berries, smoked salmon, and a variation on a classic: a sun butter & jelly sandwich. We also have fresh fruit and granola for this demanding trip. At the summit, or turnaround point, we’ll have plenty of time to enjoy some casual banter about all things Alaskan and take spectacular photos and video. After that, we will head back while enjoying the sights and sounds, which make Alaska so amazing. We will even have you back in time to visit our great local restaurants, or even take a museum or brewery tour if you aren’t whipped!
Experience Requirements: You should have a PLENTY of hiking experience before attempting this hike. At a minimum, you should be able to walk roughly 10 miles on flat pavement, or 8 miles of uneven rolling terrain over the course of 4 hours. You should also be able to easily climb many flights of stairs and be able to scramble (using your hands to move and climb). Many parts of trail are very steep and hilly, placing additional stress on areas of the body not impacted by level terrain. There are also areas with exposure where some may not feel comfortable, but we are there to assist you and motivate you! Not recommended for those with cardiac or respiratory issues/illness. May be difficult for those with severe joint issues. If you have any dietary restrictions, please let us know and we will accommodate you with a different snack option.
Duration: 7 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Participation waiver signature required prior to departure.
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Bottled water - Reusable bottles filled with water
- Coffee and/or Tea - Yerba Mate, and caffeinated/non-caffeinated options with thermos
- Snacks - Sun Butter & Jelly Sandwich, Fruit, Smoked Salmon & High Calorie Trail Bites
- Day Packs, Trekking Poles
- No hotel, B&B, Air B&B, or other accommodation pickups. Must meet at designated meeting location.
737 W 5th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Hike Alaska in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.