On the drive to Crater Lake we will drive through the Willamette National Forest and high desert of Central Oregon. Views of Diamond Peak and Crescent Lake will wow you. We will stop at Salt Creek Falls, which is Oregon's second highest single drop waterfall and you will be amazed by its beauty. After arrival at Crater Lake we will spend several hours being astounded at the beautiful sights as we drive the full rim of the lake with a stop at Rim Village Visitor Center for lunch that you can eat while sitting along the edge of the lake and enjoying the views. You will have time to visit the Gift Store so that you can purchase beautiful mementos of your day. At the end of the day we will drop you at the location we picked you up at.
Groupon Customer Reviews
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Salt Creek Falls, Oakridge, OR
As we drive to Crater Lake we will stop at Salt Creek Falls which is Oregon’s second highest single drop waterfall, cascading 286 feet. This waterfall is also one of Southern Oregon’s most powerful falls, with an average yearly flow of 50,000 gallons per minute surging over the rocks.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Crater Lake National Park, Crater Lake National Park, Oregon
FIRST THERE WAS A MOUNTAIN
A massive eruption occurred about 7,700 years ago. It was followed by ejections of volcanic matter through fractures, in an oval shape around the mountain. These events weakened the mountain's structure, and caused the central portion of Mount Mazama to collapse inward. Before the collapse, Mount Mazama loomed at approximately 12,000 ft (3,658 m) tall. Today, the highest point along the rim is Hillman Peak at 8,151 ft (2,484 m).
Upon arrival at Crater Lake we will spend the afternoon visiting all the incredible vistas, visitor centers, and overlooks.
Crater Lake has inspired people for thousands of years with some of the 1st Native Americans who discovered its beauty and mystique. No place else on earth combines a deep, pure lake, so blue in color; steep surrounding cliffs almost two thousand feet high; two unique picturesque islands; and a violent volcanic past. It is a place of immeasurable beauty and the Nations deepest lake over 1,900 feet deep.
Duration: 3 hours
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Bottled water
- Lunch - You will be dropped at Rim Village Cafe and Gift Shop where you will be able to purchase lunch. You are also welcome to bring a lunch with you if you would like to.
5th Street Public Market, 296 E 5th Ave, Eugene, OR 97401, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Hub World Travel dba America's Hub World Tours LLC in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts. Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings