This tour departs at 9:30 in the morning. The 6 hour tour is a classic on the Icefields Parkway where you get to spend the whole day exploring the Athabasca Glacier.
Bring your own lunch and enjoy it among the icefalls at the head of the glacier.
It is a hike of moderate difficulty requiring no technical skills. We supply all the gear required to comfortably explore the glacier.
IceWalks' guides are ACMG certified. Your friendly and informative guide will explain the natural history of the area, guide you safely through the icefalls, and show you the many ice formations on the glacier.
About This Deal
DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Athabasca Glacier, 127 km north of Lake Louise 103 km south of Jasper, Jasper National Park, Alberta Canada
IceWalks' ACMG certified guides will meet you in the parking lot and gear you up for an unforgettable 6 hour interpretive glacier adventure. This 10 km roundtrip walking tour will take you to the incredible icefalls at the head of the Athabasca Glacier where you will enjoy your lunch (bring you own) against the backdrop of shattered ice and rock.
You will learn the natural history of the area and you will be immersed in this glaciated landscape. There is plenty of time to explore the many ice formations on the glacier, which include: crevasses, mill wells (waterfalls into the depths of the ice), meltwater streams, and icefalls.
This will be the highlight of your trip on the Icefields Parkway. The pictures you take will capture the memories of a lifetime. No technical climbing experience required! The 6 hour tour is moderate in difficulty, suitable for children aged 7 and up who are strong hikers who and seniors who enjoy an active lifestyle.
Duration: 6 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Service animals allowed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- The entire tour takes place outside with plenty of opportunity for social distancing between groups. Alberta is in stage 3 of their "Open for Summer" plan. All health measures are lifted for outdoor gatherings. Interprovincial travel again recommended.
- You will be provided micro-spikes (crampons for added traction on the ice) If you don't have your own: Rain gear, hiking boots, gloves, and hat
- Entry/Admission - Athabasca Glacier
- Warm layers - bring your own insulating layer
Glacier Road, Glacier Rd, Jasper, AB T0E 1E0, Canada
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the IceWalks in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.