See the #1 Attraction in San Francisco: the historic Alcatraz Island and Prison! Tickets for this iconic attraction are in high demand, and you can guarantee yourself a visit with this tour package. On this exclusive Night Tour, you'll see parts of the island not accessible during the day.
On the second day, learn all about the history and future of technology in California on a day tour to Silicon Valley: the birthplace of computers as we know them. Get a taste of where it all started at the Computer History Museum, and then visit the Google, Facebook, and Apple campuses and gear shops where you'll have a chance to play with some of the newest gadgets available!
About This Deal
Day 1 - Alcatraz Island is the #1 attraction in San Francisco, and you can see it for yourself, on an exclusive night tour! Taking the ferry to Alcatraz will afford you amazing views of the Golden Gate Bridge, Angel Island, Alcatraz Island, and the San Francisco city skyline from the north! The vessel does a complete circle around the island before docking and includes a guide pointing out different sections/buildings on Alcatraz Island from a vantage point not seen during the day. When you land on the island, you’ll get a short history of Alcatraz, and then head up into the prison!
You’ll be equipped with an audio tour titled “Doing Time” and hear interviews from former inmates (available in 11 languages). You may explore for as long as you want (the ferry departs for the mainland approximately every 30-40 minutes). The tour generally takes people about two and a half hours.
Day 2 - Get ready to see where it all began! A professional docent/guide will take you back in time and drive you into the future on this educational tech tour of Silicon Valley.
You'll start the day with a visit to the Computer History Museum: see some of the first mega-computers and commercially-produced machines, as well as classics like Pac Man and Atari to stir up some childhood memories. Then, head over to the newly-built Apple visitor’s center for an interactive exhibit of the new campus, and opportunity to test out the newest gadgets.
In the afternoon, you’ll visit the Google Campus and gift shop, see the famous multi-colored Google bikes, and have a chance to check-in at the Facebook Like sign before "commuting" back to San Francisco!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Alcatraz info
- Full names (and ages for anyone under 18) are required at least 5 days in advance of the tour date to confirm Alcatraz tickets. We are not responsible for tickets not fulfilled due to missing or incorrect information.
- For security purposes, a government-issued photo ID is required for all guests to board the Alcatraz ferry
- Alcatraz audio tour is available in English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Mandarin, Portuguese and Korean
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Guided, narrated in-coach tour of Silicon Valley
- Alcatraz Island Night Tour Tickets ($47.30 USD)
- Meals (stop will be made for lunch)
- There is no transport provided on Day 1 to/from the Alcatraz pier
24 to 27 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Incredible Adventures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.